Coach Prime to Colorado

TwinTownTony

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting to see this. Don't ever remember this type of meeting being released before. Gives a little insight into what Prime will be like as a coach.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Colorado is about to become a media circus. Even if he's successful, he'll be gone in three years because it's not a big enough stage for Coach Prime.

And weren't we trying to get away from hype and back to fundamentally sound football?

1670191906390.png

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Colorado is about to become a media circus. Even if he's successful, he'll be gone in three years because it's not a big enough stage for Coach Prime.

And weren't we trying to get away from hype and back to fundamentally sound football?

View attachment 13707
Hope it works out for Colorado. I bear them no ill will from 1990. I'm happy with the coach we've got.

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan

I really don't see how anyone could have been surprised by this. The guy is perhaps the best CB of all time and was/is a cultural icon. The fact that he won at JSU should make this even more obvious that he would get a huge recruiting bump regardless of where he went.

I am happy with Key, but I would have loved to have had Deion at GT.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I am happy with Key, but I would have loved to have had Deion at GT.
I think Neon is probably a better fit at Colorado given the degree spectrum.

I'm also happy to have Key. I think he is probably our best fit. He'll put us on an upward trajectory and if he plateaus, we'll be in a better place for the next hire.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Neon is probably a better fit at Colorado given the degree spectrum.

I'm also happy to have Key. I think he is probably our best fit. He'll put us on an upward trajectory and if he plateaus, we'll be in a better place for the next hire.
I will say. Now that the carousel is slowing down. I’m kinda happy we didn’t go for Deion.

Something about Deion just doesn’t sit right with me. And idk why, but there’s just a nagging feeling that the wheels are gonna fall off at some point.

It’ll be interesting to see how he does at Colorado and being in D1. We play him in a few seasons actually.

He is arguably one of the best recruiters in CFB right now. And obviously has a lot of money to throw around. So I’m looking forward to seeing how he pans out.

Also, he was always going to be too expensive for us. With Pastner and Geoff on our payroll we really are trying to be more conservative with contracts now that we’ve been burned a few times.

And no doubt there is some repair needed to mend donor relations with both firing a AD and HC at once.

It’s what Tech does best though right? Do much with little. We’ve always had it harder due to Tech being…Tech. You don’t say you “made it out” unless that’s a real achievement somewhere. That’s not always the priority of some of these guys and it’s a big deterrent for many I’d imagine. Kudos to the guys who get their degrees. It’s tough out here.

But, Brent Key isn’t just a coach, he’s a tech graduate. He did “make it out”. And if anyone is gonna be able to sell that to athletes it’s him. Brent Key knows Tech better and tech Student Athlete life better than any coach on the market I’d say. And that’s a good thing.

Honestly, I was shaky on HCBK at first because he doesn’t really have any previous experience with this sort of position. But the more I think about him the more excited I get.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I will say. Now that the carousel is slowing down. I’m kinda happy we didn’t go for Deion.

Something about Deion just doesn’t sit right with me. And idk why, but there’s just a nagging feeling that the wheels are gonna fall off at some point.

It’ll be interesting to see how he does at Colorado and being in D1. We play him in a few seasons actually.

He is arguably one of the best recruiters in CFB right now. And obviously has a lot of money to throw around. So I’m looking forward to seeing how he pans out.

Also, he was always going to be too expensive for us. With Pastner and Geoff on our payroll we really are trying to be more conservative with contracts now that we’ve been burned a few times.

And no doubt there is some repair needed to mend donor relations with both firing a AD and HC at once.

It’s what Tech does best though right? Do much with little. We’ve always had it harder due to Tech being…Tech. You don’t say you “made it out” unless that’s a real achievement somewhere. That’s not always the priority of some of these guys and it’s a big deterrent for many I’d imagine. Kudos to the guys who get their degrees. It’s tough out here.

But, Brent Key isn’t just a coach, he’s a tech graduate. He did “make it out”. And if anyone is gonna be able to sell that to athletes it’s him. Brent Key knows Tech better and tech Student Athlete life better than any coach on the market I’d say. And that’s a good thing.

Honestly, I was shaky on HCBK at first because he doesn’t really have any previous experience with this sort of position. But the more I think about him the more excited I get.
Definitely happy to have HCBK, but I voted for Sanders cause GT may never have that chance again. His synergy with ATL and with all the marketing, I think we could have killed it. Sanders would’ve had to agree to a lower contract and hold off on payday to come here banking on success and then be poached in 2-3 seasons. Then that program would make him the highest paid coach ever. Alas this is all water under the bridge now.