Coach Prime to Colorado

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
It's going to be one of the greatest experiments in college football. AD is either going to look like a genius, or someone that bought into the hype.

Only time will tell...
He will not have an issue with recruiting. It will be can he pull it all together. Seems like Colorado is going all in on the football program so he has that support. He’s been a winner with everything he’s touched so I’ll go out on the line and say by third year he has a top 10 team.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Colorado will be a top tier program in the next couple of years.
I was pumping their athletics program in one of these threads a couple weeks ago. They are set to build a really strong brand and administration is investing in it in ways Georgia Tech simply doesn't. They were already selling out Folsom with a 1-11 record, I bet season tickets for next year are sold out the first day deposits are available.

When his name was being floated, I bet Deion was aware an FBS program was going to give him far more support than Georgia Tech ever would, so I don't think we were ever in the running.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I was pumping their athletics program in one of these threads a couple weeks ago. They are set to build a really strong brand and administration is investing in it in ways Georgia Tech simply doesn't. They were already selling out Folsom with a 1-11 record, I bet season tickets for next year are sold out the first day deposits are available.

When his name was being floated, I bet Deion was aware an FBS program was going to give him far more support than Georgia Tech ever would, so I don't think we were ever in the running.
As someone who lives in Colorado, FWIW I’m pretty sure they weren’t selling out Folsom with a 1-11 record. This past year, from an eye test it looked like attendance was worse than GT at the end of 2021.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He will not have an issue with recruiting. It will be can he pull it all together. Seems like Colorado is going all in on the football program so he has that support. He’s been a winner with everything he’s touched so I’ll go out on the line and say by third year he has a top 10 team.

Deion will definitely test thst theory.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
As someone who lives in Colorado, FWIW I’m pretty sure they weren’t selling out Folsom with a 1-11 record. This past year, from an eye test it looked like attendance was worse than GT at the end of 2021.
I guess they just sold out the Cal game after Wilson was fired. But I bet that response had an impact on the AD's decision to move forward with this. Our first home game after TFG was canned, we had 32k and it was homecoming. Although, it was probably the most electric I've seen Bobby Dodd in a long time.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think the NCAA laid off their compliance staff.

"Compliance staff? Oh you mean those dudes we send to punish GT for stuff we know every other school does routinely?" - NCAA

... The NCAA will direct their feeding and won't punish Colorado until after Neon has left.

Nobody gets punished anymore. Where are yall getting this sentiment?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Tech was ever in the running, either, but isn't Tech "FBS"?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
He also has hired one of Texas A&M top recruiters. I think he knows what he needs to win and win now.
Again, Colorado has opened the pocketbooks. Paying Prime MUCH more than GT wanted to spend, paying top dollar for assistants, etc etc.

Had we not just gone through the financial debacle of Collins, we might have been able to take such chances, but I believe we made the prudent choice with Key and I think we may just luck out! Even those who back Prime must know this is a gamble that could end gloriously...or infamously.

TwinTownTony

Jolly Good Fellow
Regardless of what you think of his words, Deion is making some good moves right now. I think he's building a strong staff and that was a big question mark with him. To me, he's an exciting but equally scary hire and I could see it going either way. However, looks to have a process and plan so far

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m glad we didn’t go with Deion. His speech seemed so rehearsed and cringy to me. It sounded like he was reciting a poem. He seems to be doing what a lot of former Belichick assistants did in assuming they can walk right in and be ruthlessly harsh on their players. Belichick (and to a lesser extent, Saban) can afford to do that because they have a long history of results that speak for themselves. Deion has had those results as a player, but he’s going to need to win big immediately or else he’ll just be seen as a big blowhard who’s no better than any other coach at this level.