UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I love the passion of being home!

dd52a4c1a6101c04a21f642535814db5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Every coach posted a version of this graphic. This has nothing to do with Braun
but they didn't all comment about how "we didn't come home to play small ball" just seems like either connected or REALLY tone deaf to have both things break together.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This has nothing to do with Braun. Just a coordinated staff Twitter push today
Then I would say this was the first misstep (IIMHO) on the hypetrain. Delay the push to tomorrow after the Duke Bball game or something else topical. Don't do it within the hour of KQ breaking this news.. Or be sensitive to the transfer.. or something.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Then I would say this was the first misstep (IIMHO) on the hypetrain. Delay the push to tomorrow after the Duke Bball game or something else topical. Don't do it within the hour of KQ breaking this news.. Or be sensitive to the transfer.. or something.
This tweet was not tweeted in the last hour. This was tweeted at 4 AM today. All of the staff's tweets for this social media push today were done in the morning

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This tweet was not tweeted in the last hour. This was tweeted at 4 AM today. All of the staff's tweets for this social media push today were done in the morning

Good call, I didn’t check the time stamp. Looks like I was on my own hype train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck

They may not be directly linked but they are related. I will guarantee that Parker isn't leaving GT because Patenaude's offense hurts his pro chances. Parker is leaving because a) he has had enough of GT or b) doesn't mesh with the new staff.

To be clear, I am not blaming the staff for this at all - it happens.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
They may not be directly linked but they are related. I will guarantee that Parker isn't leaving GT because Patenaude's offense hurts his pro chances. Parker is leaving because a) he has had enough of GT or b) doesn't mesh with the new staff.

To be clear, I am not blaming the staff for this at all - it happens.
No, they are not related. This tweet was going out today whether Braun was transferring or not. This tweet is related to the recruiting and social media presence that Coach Collins has been pushing since Day 1, not related to any particular student-athlete's departure

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
No, they are not related. This tweet was going out today whether Braun was transferring or not. This tweet is related to the recruiting and social media presence that Coach Collins has been pushing since Day 1, not related to any particular student-athlete's departure

Dude, the tweet talks about not playing small ball which is for all intents and purposes saying that they had been playing small ball. Not the picture, the text. If you don't think that has anything to do with Parker leaving that's your opinion. I for one do. I think that Parker didn't particularly care for the staff and this tweet is exhibit A of why not. I could be way off base with that. But one thing I am sure of - it's not to up his chances of being drafted.

And, I have already said they were not linked, i.e. the tweet wasn't sent out because Parker was leaving.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Dude, the tweet talks about not playing small ball which is for all intents and purposes saying that they had been playing small ball. Not the picture, the text. If you don't think that has anything to do with Parker leaving that's your opinion. I for one do. I think that Parker didn't particularly care for the staff and this tweet is exhibit A of why not. I could be way off base with that. But one thing I am sure of - it's not to up his chances of being drafted.

And, I have already said they were not linked, i.e. the tweet wasn't sent out because Parker was leaving.
OR he's leaving because he doesn't think going through a transition year, where the entire team is trying to learn a new offense, isn't the best way to show himself for the draft. You may be sure of something but that doesn't mean it's what you think it is. I read the "not playing small ball" comment was about shooting for conference championships and national relevance. That's a comment on what the new staff's ambitions are, if you take it as a slam on the last one that's you not Key.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
OR he's leaving because he doesn't think going through a transition year, where the entire team is trying to learn a new offense, isn't the best way to show himself for the draft. You may be sure of something but that doesn't mean it's what you think it is. I read the "not playing small ball" comment was about shooting for conference championships and national relevance. That's a comment on what the new staff's ambitions are, if you take it as a slam on the last one that's you not Key.

Congrats, a post that makes sense.

Look, I don't particularly care if I am wrong. Hopefully I am wrong and it's like what you say that he wants to play with a team where not everyone is starting from scratch. Having said that some of the social media stuff is absolutely a slam on the previous staff. That doesn't mean it was/is malicious, it's just the nature of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.