Clemson

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Weather could make for disjointed (fits & starts) kind of game. I may consider starting English. He's a "veteran" (relatively speaking)... & I assume, a leader. ... & even if it's just an inning or two.. he could set a calming tone to what will likely be a long evening.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For the record, I'd pull Hurter after a walk and HBP on the first two "batters". We are so screwed in this game.

Clemson pitcher took 13 strikes to get two ground outs and a SO.

Update: Hurter isn't to blame. It's Hall for starting him. Hurter now has walked a third "batter" but at least it took 6 pitches.

Final update today. Sac fly and single. Down 2-0 with an out. Hope we lose by less than 10.
Over and out.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

For the record, I'd pull Hurter after a walk and HBP on the first two "batters". We are so screwed in this game.

Clemson pitcher took 13 strikes to get two ground outs and a SO.

Update: Hurter isn't to blame. It's Hall for starting him. Hurter now has walked a third "batter" but at least it took 6 pitches.

I am not a baseball expert, but one of the things that I think has plagued CDH in the past is not recognizing when someone just doesn't have their 'stuff'. No reason to leave the guy hanging out their to try and dig a 5-0 type of early hole.

Deleted member 2897

Game 3 in what's been a worst case scenario Weekend... is in & of itself THE worst case scenario.
..,I'll stick with it, though. We have 21 outs to score 7 minimum.

This has been the theme in most of Clemson’s games - the other team hands them several runs and then they hang on.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Must be nice (Clemson) having a ranked team in every major men's sport. I remember when Tech had it going in the 90's. Maybe the golf team can stay ahead of the Tigers this year!

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Must be nice (Clemson) having a ranked team in every major men's sport. I remember when Tech had it going in the 90's. Maybe the golf team can stay ahead of the Tigers this year!

It's all good. Stansbury be like extension all the way cause Hall did some things 8-10 years ago.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Horrible weekend. Very disappointed in the guys. The only positive that I have is that wes have 2 legitimate starters now in Curry and Thomas. There will be better weekends ahead. Hopefully starting with VT.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
I was really hoping the 3rd game would not be played. Then I think what kind of fan am I to have such little faith in our team.................... Oh well, while I may have high hopes, expectations are much smaller. Just wish they would surprise me more often. Hey, maybe we start a big run after this.... Dang, there I go hoping again......

Deleted member 2897

If I was told Tech would have 29 hits to 28 for Clemson over 3 games... I would have thought that would translate to 1 win for sure... possibly 2. The fact we lost all 3 & were outscored 23-7 is a little hard to conceive.

That’s how Clemson has won all year. It’s bizarre. If they lose 5 in a row next week I won’t be shocked.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
how is Danny Hall still employed at Georgia Tech? Its crazy how bad we are with the talent in this state.

How do you not have set positions in the bullpen? Where’s a setup man or a closer? It’s literally a free for all everytime we play anyone that’s good. Danny Hall and our pitching coach should have been fired years ago.I know the talent this state has and it’s just sad we are here out losing to Connecticut, Radford and barely being competitive against Clemson.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
If I’m Stansbury, it’s either make it to a super regional or Danny Hall is gone. We already have 6 losses and did not make the tournament in 2014 with 23. Also, don’t forget that these juniors were apart of a top 10 recruiting class. It’s not the players, it’s the coaches.