Clemson

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am so plesently surprised so far with the team. Color me tickled pink. [emoji2]

I honestly thought we'd be doing well to get 3 or 4 ACC wins. Wasn't going to be surprised if only 2 or less.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
17 of 19 from the line... won the battle of the boards 40-29... 19 assists on 27 buckets. Solid.

We are playing our best players big minutes. Far prefer that than subbing for the sake of subbing.

upload_2017-1-12_21-17-48.png

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for posting the stats so quickly! I'm REALLY impressed by our FT shooting percentage.

Also surprised that Q only had 1 turnover. I thought I remembered one sequence where he had 2 back to back.

Last edited:

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I'm thinking a 10-12 point loss.
This is easily Brownell's deepest and best team at Clemson and the first one that can really score the ball.
JB avg just under 20 ppg and then they have 6 players avg between 8.5 and 11 ppg and a 7th at 7. in ACC play those numbers are down about a point per game per person.
it's a deep and well rounded program this year. All the transfers have helped. They also shoot well from 3, with 5 guys avg 35% or better from 3 pt range.

As we have gotten into ACC play we are seeing how poor an offensive team we are. Okogie is avg 17 ppg, Lammers is avg 15 ppg and then we drop all the way down to Moore at just over 7 ppg (largely due to the Duke game). Q is giving us 7 ppg shooting 34% from 2 and 26% from 3. He at least gives us over 6 rpg (2nd of the team0. TJ has disappeared in the ACC, avg just 6 ppg shooting shooting 27% overall and 11% from three and gives you nothing else. Heath is avg 5 ppg on 30% shooting (almost all from UNC) and no one else even avg 2 ppg. We just don't score the ball enough against teams with real talent to win.

your predictions have been slipping. oops.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
17 of 19 from the line... won the battle of the boards 40-29... 19 assists on 27 buckets. Solid.

We are playing our best players big minutes. Far prefer that than subbing for the sake of subbing.

View attachment 2150

shades of bc.... brian oliver etc. i was in the team locker room at half time for one of the tourney games in jax many years ago. bc blistered that team including mp with a whole bunch of profanities. from what i can tell so far.... cjp is bc minus the cussing. kinda.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I found this to be a stunning win by the Jackets. All I have heard for months is that all the points left the team.
Nobody talked about what we had returning on defense. Heck of a coaching job by a hell of a coaching staff.
2 - 2 in the conference!

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
CJP has done a very nice job with both the 2-3 & 1-3-1 zones. It worked against UNC and did again tonight. When we sucker teams into bombing away from 3, our chances go up significantly . Clemson completely ignored their best player for most of the first half and when they did get him the ball, we doubled immediately. Nice game plan and well executed.