Clemson under Swinney

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but the important part about Clemson's rise was Swinney. It was an incredible hire by Terry Don Phillips, the AD, who picked a position coach over a coordinator as interim coach (though recommended by Bowden) because he attended all the practices and watched Swinney coach his receivers, starters through walk-ons, with the same intensity and attention, and capped it by watching the players from all position groups gravitate to Swinney in the locker room. And then it was Phillips and Radakovich who were smart enough to stay out of his way while he built the program his way and served as more than adequate buffers. Let's not forget it was Swinney who fired Steele as DC, and Swinney who hired Venables, spurred by Steele's opposition to his up-tempo offense and Venables' enthusiastic endorsement of it. The importance of money can't be overlooked, but Swinney has evolved as a generational coach. It is possible to get money. Getting the coach is a tougher nut, and getting another Swinney is, well, highly problematic.
I agree with this. In our case, I think we've got the same kind of coach. Can our fan base show the same level of support?

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Does any fanbase like the AD 2 years in? In my not-so-linited experience, the answer is no. The longer they stay, the more they do things that tick some faction of the fans off. The only question is how many factions? When Mbob was finished at Tech he had everybody hopping mad at him, top to bottom. When Drad left, no so much. Same up in Tiggertown, I'd guess.
Hmmm I give you Homer Rice the best AD ever. Turned GT around. But only us old timers really understand this. Had the privilege having dinner with him once. A beautiful and memorable experience. Very sad when he retired. And take the points I believe in what you say just sometimes we have that leader that comes along that you truly do not want to see retire

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Hmmm I give you Homer Rice the best AD ever. Turned GT around. But only us old timers really understand this. Had the privilege having dinner with him once. A beautiful and memorable experience. Very sad when he retired. And take the points I believe in what you say just sometimes we have that leader that comes along that you truly do not want to see retire
Word.

Homer was not only a great AD, but great teacher, by all reports. WE were upset when he quit as AD. TECH was upset when he quit teaching. We should all hope for that kind of regret when we get finished.

Milwaukee

Banned
They weren't winning titles before Drad got there bud. Dabo was there getting beat by us pretty regularly in those days. 08 09 09 11? Can't remember exactly the years. Rad went in 12 I believe, not sure?

They weren't winning titles before Drad got there bud. Dabo was there getting beat by us pretty regularly in those days. 08 09 09 11? Can't remember exactly the years. Rad went in 12 I believe, not sure?
Dabo was just getting started, so to speak, in the years before DRad arrived. His ascent would have continued with or without DRad, unless they had gotten somebody like MBob instead.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
2009 was the only year Paul had the better team. 2014 we just were fortunate that Watson went down on the 2nd drive, they were about to run us. The other years Clemson Clemson'd, but Paul still deserves credit for those wins. Clemson'ing or not.
Maybe. I’d say we were better in 2008 as well. But either way 2008-09 accounted for 3 of Paul’s wins against Dabo.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Word.

Homer was not only a great AD, but great teacher, by all reports. WE were upset when he quit as AD. TECH was upset when he quit teaching. We should all hope for that kind of regret when we get finished.
Well, he did save Tech athletics but he also hired BL so he wasn’t infallible.

Milwaukee

Banned
Maybe. I’d say we were better in 2008 as well. But either way 2008-09 accounted for 3 of Paul’s wins against Dabo.

Thought about 08 as well but I couldn't pull the trigger on saying it was a better team. I feel like we were still figuring it out and then 09 came and we were SMOKE. But 08 yea you could definitely make a case for them.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
2009 was the only year Paul had the better team. 2014 we just were fortunate that Watson went down on the 2nd drive, they were about to run us. The other years Clemson Clemson'd, but Paul still deserves credit for those wins. Clemson'ing or not.
Name the year 4 players left gt early for the nfl draft ? 2010 .
Serious
How about any other year a gt player left early for nfl?