Clemson Prediction Thread

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I really think this is a test for our young jacket team. I hope we are able to finish this week. If MM gets significant carries... I think we do well from the BBACK spot. Gonna be tough sledding on D trying to contain Watson and that shifty RB they have. GT usually plays Clemson well and these guys have to have some pride about what they are doing. I say we get it done though some way, some how.
GT - 27
Clemson - 24

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I thought the night before the ND game we wouldn't win. Just a gut feeling I had after thinking all week we were going to roll them. Now after thinking back about the Clemson ND game I'm not that impressed with Clemson. The Irish gave them the game and still had a chance late to win. So after feeling like this was going to be a lock for a loss I'm now thinking we pull this out 34-28

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
37-34 good guys.

Get your mind rite. Go Jackets! To Hell with the rest...
The good news on GAME DAY as far as I know the score starts at 0-0...from some recent posts you would think we were already behind...as we know from watching Ga Tech football for a long time this team has it in them to win...so go do it-
Give em hell Tech!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, I think NDs O is better. I agree about team not just D vs ND. I think lack of depth and injuries hurt our D vs unc. If our O can keep the ball and limit possessions. I think CU will have to press, and we might contain them. Admittedly, I'm accepting the "collectible mistakes" narrative on past losses. We'll see.

I hope you are right. For me football teams after 5 games are what they are typically. We know who we are. More times than not the season doesnt just turn mid season unless there is serious player leadership (which so far we have lacked imo) to push it, main players like qbs come back from injury, etc. usually, not always but usually after game 5-6 you know the team. Sure can a team get hot mid season like we did last year? Absolutely but we had that player leadership and experience to do that this team lacks especially at BB OL and WR. Smelter mason and days/laskey were great team leaders for us.

Please today, let me be wrong. Btw we havent won at clemson in like 7 years right? Almost a decade.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I think we very likely lose this game, probably convincingly. I don't expect Clemson to give up the edge as easily or often as UNC did, and while I think we made improvements I do think a lot of it was on UNC's d being weaker.

I do think we can win, but imo it'll take a +2 TO margin, likely one being returned for a score, but certainly need to get TDs off those TOs, as well as hitting some big plays, because while I don't think we'll be able to sustain a drive for 10+ plays consistently on Clemson, I do think we'll have a few chances to break one and we need to make sure we make the most of those chances.

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
It's a pregame pick so who cares

GT 28 Clemson 24

We go down 21-7 at half but get the ball back 2nd half against a overconfident Clemson team and finally wake up O with clock killing 15 play 12 minute drive , then get a Clemson drive stalled in GT territory and take over after FG then clock march another 8-10 minute drive 4 yards at a time with dive that finally works before JeT hits Jeune in back corner of end zone on play action that fools defense. Clemson gets ball back with 2:38 left and driving against bend but don't break D but once in GT territory DJ White makes great read and gets pick 6 to go ahead.

And I am not emotionally tense for this game win or lose as I think season goals are shot and this to me is a learning year so I can actually watch game without breaking things

And If we lose I hope Clemson goes undefeated and destroys the (fill in the blank) SEC team in playoffs and gives the ACC its second national title by different team in 3 years and all the ESPN ACC haters suck eggs

Again, I don't have any emotional drama today which is the only positive to a season sucking eggs like ours has so far

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Objectively, we shouldn't win. But it is Tech-Clemson.
Jackets 31-30. JT engineers a game winning drive and D holds.