Clemson Prediction Thread

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
27-24 GT

I'd be shocked if either team scores over 30.

gosh really? We haven't held anyone to under 30.... What are you seeing to make you think both will score below 30? Clemson D is stout....GT we are who we are....i think Clemson has a good shot of scoring over 30...maybe over 40 if the snowball rolls...I am fearful of this outcome.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
gosh really? We haven't held anyone to under 30.... What are you seeing to make you think both will score below 30? Clemson D is stout....GT we are who we are....i think Clemson has a good shot of scoring over 30...maybe over 40 if the snowball rolls...I am fearful of this outcome.

I can't speak for him, but the argument goes like this:
1) GT's D has improved
2) Poor O and chunk plays hurt them v ND
3) Poor O anf ST worked against them vs Duke
4) Injuries took their toll vs UNC
5) pieces fall together vs cu

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I honestly do not think it will be all that close. Clemson is on a roll. It is amazing to me that they can lose the caliber of players they lost on defense and actually seem to be even better. I would have bet the house that losing Grady Jarrett and the linebacker whose name escapes me would have set the defense back a notch but guess not. I will go with Clemson 41- Tech 24. It may be close for a while but like last week we will not be able to sustain any offense in the second half. A team that can't beat a flawed Carolina team is not really set up nicely to pull the upset UNLESS it's that "time" again for the obligatory "Clemsoning" moment that rears its ugly head every year in which case all bets are off. We will see.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I can't speak for him, but the argument goes like this:
1) GT's D has improved
2) Poor O and chunk plays hurt them v ND
3) Poor O anf ST worked against them vs Duke
4) Injuries took their toll vs UNC
5) pieces fall together vs cu

I see and appreciate the rationale. However poor O is still there vs the best D yet. We could give up 40 in this game. It could get ugly quick. But if it doesnt and that 1-5 holds true yay!!!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I see and appreciate the rationale. However poor O is still there vs the best D yet. We could give up 40 in this game. It could get ugly quick. But if it doesnt and that 1-5 holds true yay!!!

I don't agree that CU has shown itself as that good on O. Our D with Gamble and Gotsis back may be good enuf. We'll see.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
If you watch Clemson play, they usually come out. fast. Our young guys will have to weather the storm mentally. Norte Dame did this but turnovers killed them. We can win this game but it depends entirely on the never give up mental aspect.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I personally don't think Clemson's that good. However I also don't think we're that good right now so we could also go in there and get smacked. We're a different team with Gamble in the middle though.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
31 - 24 Tech. Offense starts clicking with a few returning a few players from injury and being suprisingly effective vs a talented but young clemson defense. Defense holds on key plays due to being well rested.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we'll win tomorrow - because I think Clemson is really good, especially defensively - but I wonder how much these predictions would change had A.J. Gray kept his feet at Duke and D.J. White hung on to the ball versus Carolina.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Clem's D is good. Our Offense is sputtering and can't string together more than 2 quarters of moving the ball at a time. We score 24.
Clem' O is talented and we have never been good at containing a mobile QB. They kill us on some big plays to take any wind we have out of our sails. They score 36.

I feel like we have another game like ND in front of us...playing a talented team on the road in a tough environment. Not good for our young team.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't agree that CU has shown itself as that good on O. Our D with Gamble and Gotsis back may be good enuf. We'll see.

But is there o worse than nd or duke? Our team gave up over 30. Not just d. But the team did. Poor special teams. Field position. Etc. all impacts scoring.....sure their o alone may not be that good. But as a team we r sucking wind.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
But is there o worse than nd or duke? Our team gave up over 30. Not just d. But the team did. Poor special teams. Field position. Etc. all impacts scoring.....sure their o alone may not be that good. But as a team we r sucking wind.

Fwiw, I think NDs O is better. I agree about team not just D vs ND. I think lack of depth and injuries hurt our D vs unc. If our O can keep the ball and limit possessions. I think CU will have to press, and we might contain them. Admittedly, I'm accepting the "collectible mistakes" narrative on past losses. We'll see.