Clemson Postgame

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Offense just looked mentally out of it and never recovered
D played like I expected especially for being on the field for so long.

Definitely appears that the highs of last week or two got the better of us, and looks like we were playing on offense like we were frustrated and trying to force things.

Does this change my mood for this year, absolutely not. Clemson is a superior team whether their record shows it or not. We are getting there

CubeE

Georgia Tech Fan
I blame this loss on Tyler from Spartanburg…

In all seriousness though, Clemson seems to have turned the corner. The wore out our defense with long drives early. We have a great chance to go bowling this year which a lot of us said was the goal this year. Shake it off, beat the brakes off Syracuse, and then see what happens against the mutts.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Horrifically bad offensive performance. Outside of Jamal Haynes and Dontae Smith, nobody else played well. Receivers looked allergic to catching the football, not sure they could catch Covid right now. Line couldn't hold a block. King pressing to try and make up for it and instead makes a bunch of mistakes.

Defense started out playing well, did a pretty good job early shutting down the run, but the long drives and the offense putting them right back on the field over and over, and they were gassed quick. Ended up on their heels and were easy to beat.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We went down playing soft.

Someone on staff thought the defense could stop them when not taking risk. We did some good stopping them when qb pressed by dl and lb , but then some coach took foot off gas. They scored at will while wearing us out.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Could not get the O clicking...

D had a great first two series...

4th and *** didn't mean squat to the Clemson Offense for most of the game.

I think we had all of 100 yards of offense through most of or all or the 3rd quarter.

The Clemson D lived behind our line of scrimmage.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
That was a winnable game. We beat ourselves. Glad we kept playing until the end and I give the guys credit for that. Just too many mistakes on the coaches and players. Buster called a crap game for the most part and never allowed our offense to get in rhythm. Defense played hard but the world knows we are terrible on third and fourth down stops, so there is really little to no reason for the opponent to fear us there. Clemson took advantage of that, and we very predictably gave them what they needed whenever they needed it. Got to find guys with more grit to play defense next year. Just got to hope we play our best game of the year next week.

Go Jackets!

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
False starts killed us early. Dropped passes killed us with may have been a 14-0 lead. Offense just couldn't get going with king forcing stuff downfield.

Ill be there loud and rowdy next weekend with hopefully a win over the fruit. Do we storm the field next weekend if we get bowl eligibility? It will be kinda pathetic over Syracuse but also deserved.