Clemson Postgame

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Our O played bad, there’s no denying that. But for the most part, I don’t think there’s any denying we played hard all game. When you’re a slightly below average team, that’s all you can ask for when playing a good team. It just takes more than playing hard to beat good teams

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1699736092512.png

Poodletop

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, that was unpleasant. With no help from offense the defense got spent quickly and couldn’t get off the field.
Went and scrubbed my toilet after the pick6 so I at least accomplished something this afternoon.😔

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Our O played bad, there’s no denying that. But for the most part, I don’t think there’s any denying we played hard all game. When you’re a slightly below average team, that’s all you can ask for when playing a good team. It just takes more than playing hard to beat good teams
When i said we played soft i was not talking about the players. Play calls that fave cushion + had players not coached to fire and take a risk , is on the dc.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
When i said we played soft i was not talking about the players. Play calls that fave cushion + had players not coached to fire and take a risk , is on the dc.
A bit unnoticed given the outcome... that's what we did on Miami's clock-killing last drive when we needed to force the action, and it was infuriating. Played safeties deep too. Allowed Miami to churn first downs. Thankfully Miami kept running when they didn't need to and we forced a fumble on another 4 yard gainer.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
A bit unnoticed given the outcome... that's what we did on the last drive against Miami when we needed to force the action, and it was infuriating. Played safeties deep too. Allowed Miami to churn first downs. Thankfully Miami kept running when they didn't need to and we forced a fumble on another 3-4 yard gainer.
I had not thought we would this one. I HOPED we would, but honestly we are just not there yet. Players played very hard throughout, but there seemed to be big game jitters at WR at first. IMO, very understandable for a young team. We "must ;)" win next week to be bowl eligible, and I think we will. I am still convinced the future is bright again on the Flats.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Hate to lose in that fashion. We had our shots and couldn’t convert them. Clem made plays over and over. We didn’t respond.
It was a winnable game but Clemson at home, having under achieved all year, facing a losing record in the ACC for the first time in years… we got their best shot and weren’t up to the task.
It hurts right now…. But Too much good stuff and too many really good young players around this program to get very upset about this one.
We’re young and we’re trending up (quickly, I think). We need to get our 6th, finish the season strong against the Dwags and go win a bowl game.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Please don’t think I was referring to you, or anybody else for that matter. I was just getting my own thoughts out there. After a game like that, I can’t blame anybody for having opposing thoughts

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
Frustrating game to watch. We had some chances early. I felt that we got too pass happy early on, considering how much we were gashing them on the ground. The defense was on the field for a long time, but giving up 3rd and forever on QB scrambles, multiple times, to a QB that isn't really a threat on the ground...

Just when we start getting some press, we get boatraced. Hopefully the guys bounce back and get to elusive win 6 next week. We can really use the extra practice and exposure for recruiting purposes.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
We seem not to be able pick ourselves up when momentum shifts. It’s like we want to take our ball and go home when we get punched in the mouth.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
That was a winnable game. We beat ourselves. Glad we kept playing until the end and I give the guys credit for that. Just too many mistakes on the coaches and players. Buster called a crap game for the most part and never allowed our offense to get in rhythm. Defense played hard but the world knows we are terrible on third and fourth down stops, so there is really little to no reason for the opponent to fear us there. Clemson took advantage of that, and we very predictably gave them what they needed whenever they needed it. Got to find guys with more grit to play defense next year. Just got to hope we play our best game of the year next week.

Go Jackets!
I don’t know if that game was winnable. It could have been closer but winnable. We’re soft and just can’t refocus when the momentum starts to shift.

The difference in skill was tremendous. Their D shut off everything off most everything outside. We didn’t want to put a hat on there guys on most plays on the outside.

Just more inability to toughen up against adversity.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
We seem not to be able pick ourselves up when momentum shifts. It’s like we want to take our ball and go home when we get punched in the mouth.
Forget the UNC game and Miami games already ?
This was a game where we didn't have the breaks we needed and kept beating our selves . Could have easily been in this game without the dropped passes and INTs

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
You forgot about the UNC and Miami games already? Both those games we had to claw out of holes. Today Clemson was just more talented than
You forgot about the UNC and Miami games already? Both those games we had to claw out of holes. Today Clemson was just more talented than us.
Didn’t forget but it seems that we kinda gave up when all that pressure was applied by all of that talent.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Forget the UNC game and Miami games already ?
This was a game where we didn't have the breaks we needed and kept beating our selves . Could have easily been in this game without the dropped passes and INTs
Didn’t forget either of those games but the results of those games don’t mean we have trouble with adversity.

We were all optimistic after leading 7-0 but what happened besides superior talent applying pressure that we couldn’t respond to?