Clemson Postgame

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Hence the “all things considered”. The two fumbles gave Clemson 14 easy points. Clemson has one of the greatest college QBs ever and they’ve won 11 straight games by 20 or more points. The first game in a new scheme against those odds, the D kept us in the game(somewhat) for two quarters.
Nothing you wrote addresses the rushing defense issue. We just gave up 8.7 ypr. That should be concerning.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I'm a little troubled by our offensive play calling during the first half. Maybe our problem was our receivers couldn't get open, I don't know. I was hoping we could hold them under 40 points tonight.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Tough start. The defense was promising, but had no help. Seems familiar against Clemson. I love our guys and think we could hang with them for a while, but they have a 3 deep of kids that wouldn’t give us a look before now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It appeared that we have no idea what we want to do on offense. Defense had its moments but was pretty mediocre albeit against stellar competition. I didn’t expect it to be quite that bad, especially with Lawerence playing a bad game.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The defense looked good for stretches. Special teams mistakes and offense being unable to pick up short yardage or score were killers. I expected the offense to struggle, especially against Clemson, but I didn’t expect them to struggle to run last year’s CPJ VT gameplan.

The defense did look good at times but giving up over 400 yards rushing and over 600 yards total is not good. To be sure, they got precious little help from the offense but the main problem is that changing the quarterbacks, play calling etc. is just window dressing for the main problem. Our offensive line is very much a work in progress. It may get worse before it gets any better. This is going to take a while perhaps 2 or 3 years before better recruiting and coaching starts to take effect. Unfortunately, fixing lines on both offense and defense takes a whole lot more work and time than changing quarterbacks. IIWII

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Should not have bet with my heart. Insult to injury

Defense played decent initially but the turnovers killed. You can’t make mistakes against a team that good. They have too many athletes. We had very little chance to win that game. Would’ve needed both QB’s to get hurt.

I think we have a chance to make a bowl but I’m glad I didn’t bet the over to win 5 games this year. It’s definitely questionable. Cupboard is pretty bare.

I thought we’d spread the ball out and pass....nope...looked pretty similar to last year....UNFORTUNATELY