Clemson (Permanent Crossover Rivals)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT and Clemson has a long and rich rivalry, and they are our "permanent" crossover rivals (PCR) in the ACC Atlantic Division. How would you guys (and gals) feel if the ACC eliminated permanent crossover rivals since not all PCRs are equal for every school? It would also give each ACC school a chance to play more schools from the opposite division. Of course, that would mean we only play Clemson every few years as oppose to every year now.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Swap clemson and Miami division wise and eliminate permanent crossover... Miami plays FSU every year and we still play clemson every year (every coastal team won't avoid clemson, so there's that).

Some people will probably complain that our path to the acc title game becomes that much harder which is true, still a thought.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Swap clemson and Miami division wise and eliminate permanent crossover... Miami plays FSU every year and we still play clemson every year (every coastal team won't avoid clemson, so there's that).

Some people will probably complain that our path to the acc title game becomes that much harder which is true, still a thought.
only reason that won't happen is because all the northern teams want to play a florida team every year for recruiting. kind of like how the california teams are split between the divisions in the PAC so everyone can play a california school yearly. wouldn't happen with Miami and FSU in the same division.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Imo
At this time Clemson, Miami, uga are elite level factory teams. One needs to go as being realistic we are likely to loose 80% of those games. Starting each year with a likely 2.4 L and .6 W is a tough way to maintain enthusiasm.
I would drop uga and let them stay in Athens and bark. The uga skewed BOR could allow for administrative ways to help in athletics while Improving ga tech stature. Would take a prez who sees that gt football being good is great for the gt brand. THWG could take on more of a divorced spouse thing.
Add to the top 3 being super factories we have the bottom tier folks like vidginia, duke, pitt, wake forest getting serious about football.
Something big like dropping uga needs to be done not AS A single act but AS A PART OF GETTING INCREASE D DONTATIONS (no kidding we need more resources). Its time for boldness.

Too many tech season ticket holders are paying for their tickets by selling the uga tickets on line. They will be the first to scream no!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Imo
At this time Clemson, Miami, uga are elite level factory teams. One needs to go as being realistic we are likely to loose 80% of those games. Starting each year with a likely 2.4 L and .6 W is a tough way to maintain enthusiasm.
I would drop uga and let them stay in Athens and bark. The uga skewed BOR could allow for administrative ways to help in athletics while Improving ga tech stature. Would take a prez who sees that gt football being good is great for the gt brand. THWG could take on more of a divorced spouse thing.
Add to the top 3 being super factories we have the bottom tier folks like vidginia, duke, pitt, wake forest getting serious about football.
Something big like dropping uga needs to be done not AS A single act but AS A PART OF GETTING INCREASE D DONTATIONS (no kidding we need more resources). Its time for boldness.

Too many tech season ticket holders are paying for their tickets by selling the uga tickets on line. They will be the first to scream no!
I wouldn't mind having 8 years of not playing UGAG like GT had from 1917-1924.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
GT and Clemson has a long and rich rivalry, and they are our "permanent" crossover rivals (PCR) in the ACC Atlantic Division. How would you guys (and gals) feel if the ACC eliminated permanent crossover rivals since not all PCRs are equal for every school? It would also give each ACC school a chance to play more schools from the opposite division. Of course, that would mean we only play Clemson every few years as oppose to every year now.

The ACC has looked at a pod arrangement before with three five team pods. The idea was that each team would only have four teams to play every year. To play through the other 10 teams would only take 2.5 years. They attempted to get the rules changed so that each conference can select how to select teams for a championship game when the Big12 set theirs up. However, the P5 didn't open it up completely, they only allowed the particular instance that the Big12 was in.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

I have season tickets and I have never sold one. When I can't make a game, the buddy that I go to the games with uses my ticket(the last two times to take his grandson). I would scream no anyway. That is one game that I look forward to every year. I am already ready for next year's game.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
We can't complain about lack of money and talk about dropping one of the only games that is almost always a sellout at the same time.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Perfect.

TechPreacher

Banned

It will never happen.
Clemson - FSU is the biggest ACC game each year.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Flip GT and Wake. Wake gets to play its tobacco road people again we can alternate through the rest of the costal with home and homes. Though we have a long history of playing duke and UNC, i think this would be better for us. Big games against Clemson and Florida State yearly who are by geography our closest foes. IF we win the atlanta we'd have the sos boost.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I have season tickets and I have never sold one. When I can't make a game, the buddy that I go to the games with uses my ticket(the last two times to take his grandson). I would scream no anyway. That is one game that I look forward to every year. I am already ready for next year's game.

Sorry I added the uga thing. It seems unlikely we can change the acc set up, but maybe I am wrong. With the meat of the argument - Gt is screwed because we play Miami and Clemson I felt I could add uga. I added this thinking it is something we could control, would give us leverage w BOR, and frankly we haven't won agame against them in BDS in about 17 years .

For those that come to these games sine 2001 does 2001 does the stadium looks increasinly red? I am ready for Gt growing a pair and declaring a 10 year hiatus on the series. We are in the ACC.
To replace uga I would add a South fla, TCU, U of h so we penetrate other prime recruiting area markets. Folks love coming to atl - let uga try to get someone to come to Athens.
I would make the mutts in atl go to ....... (Athens).

As to adding money to compete w these 3 elite p5 teams- that's not ever going to happen. With major increase it would take years to start winning.

Last post on the Clemson thread

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
We can't complain about lack of money and talk about dropping one of the only games that is almost always a sellout at the same time.

Replace the mutts with Auburn if they would agree to resume what at one point was the oldest rivalry in the deep South. Play them first or second game very season. Classier overall fanbase to be sure. Games vs. Auburn would sell out.

Replace the mutts with Auburn if they would agree to resume what at one point was the oldest rivalry in the deep South. Play them first or second game very season. Classier overall fanbase to be sure. Games vs. Auburn would sell out.
IIRC Auburn - Tech was never the oldest rivalry in the south; it was the second oldest, second to GA - Auburn