Clemson game thread

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Clemson's issue much like GT is offense. They were very up and down in the OOC - losing to 2 Big South teams (and almost a third) at home but beating multiple SEC teams.
When they get offense they win, when they don't they tend to lose.

Roper was awful through the first 3 months and then came alive the last 3-4 weeks allowing them to go on that little run. Blossongame is good for 10-12 a night - very consistent. Grantham has a big upside but as is typical for a FR, he plays well one game and disappears the next.
Hall is largely a non scoring PG who is a defensive ace who takes care of the ball. Nnoko can score against smaller players but not ACC quality bigs.
They need Roper's offense to give them some scoring punch. For the whole ACC season they have shot worse and scored less than GT, but have had enough made shots in the right games to have a much better record. Despite the difference in records KenPon has GT almost 20 spots higher.
There are over 100 teams in KenPom with a winning record that have a lower KenPom rating. Now alot of those are smaller conference teams, but you'd be surprised how many Power Teams are there (15).

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Odd that it doesn't appear Clemson has given any run to its other major 2013 recruit, Gabe DeVoe. Only averaged 34.0 PPG his senior year in the HS hoops rich state of North Carolina.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
3 takeaways from Tech-Clemson

Important Quotes
Regarding Tadric: “As his development as a player and his consistency as a player matches that (confidence), I think he has a chance to be one of the best players in this league,” he said. “I really do, before it’s all said and done.”

From Brownell: “This team is much better than their ACC record shows. When you watch film of their team, they’re competing extremely hard against everybody in our league. They’re playing them down to the last two minutes, the last possession. They’re much better than 3-11. Brian and his guys are doing a lot better job than what most people think. Especially getting those kids to compete as hard as they’re competing right now.”

In thanking the fans and students who attended the game despite the weather concerns, Gregory said that “it made for a nice evening, I can’t lie to you.”

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
They did many of the little things that it takes to win tonight.Mainly HITTING SHOTS.THe def was tough (actually better w/o bolden) .I guess the SHOCK that they were AHEAD and got pressed led to that sloppy 2 minutes near end.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson has basically been the same team as Georgia Tech for the last couple years, except for one major difference. They win close games and we lose them. We really should be about .500 in ACC play this year, based on how competitive we've been.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Clemson has basically been the same team as Georgia Tech for the last couple years, except for one major difference. They win close games and we lose them. We really should be about .500 in ACC play this year, based on how competitive we've been.
I agree. The difference between winning and losing is really razor thin sometimes.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I agree. The difference between winning and losing is really razor thin sometimes.
That's where coaching comes into play. You have to lock down and get that last little bit out of yourself and leave it all on the court every game. That's how you win close games. Not by being nervous and making mental mistakes repeatedly. That's what seems to happen to CBGs teams. Even in this game... down the stretch... 5 TOs in a row

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oh word? It's Clemson senior day?

Also, Lauren Brownlow picked us to lose by more than 5.