Clemson Game Open - GT opens at 26.5-27 point dog

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The Miami game was their 1st win ATS this year. They have been beating the spread with us, but this talk about Dabo trying to beat the spread every game doesn't play right now.

Deleted member 2897

The Miami game was their 1st win ATS this year. They have been beating the spread with us, but this talk about Dabo trying to beat the spread every game doesn't play right now.

I think you're misinterpreting my comment. I didn't assert they were guaranteeing they'd beat the spread - I'm just saying it applies to when they pull starters or not to try.

Clemson pulled Trevor Lawrence against Wake Forest when they were up by 34 points and the spread was 33.

Clemson pulled Trevor Lawrence against the Citadel when they were up 42-0 and the spread was 44 (they won 49-0).

Clemson had a 28 point spread against Virginia and won by 18. Clemson didn't pull Trevor Lawrence until 1 minute left in the game.

Clemson had a 15 point spread against Miami and were ahead by 18 with 3 minutes left in the game before they pulled Trevor Lawrence when they scored again.

IIWII

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
We will be lucky to gain 200 yards of offense.

Game finishes 49 Clemson, 13 GT. 7 TDs for Clemson. They will want to get away from this game uninjured. No point in getting guys hurt in a cupcake game. We score 2 TDs in the 4th when we play their 2nd and 3rd string.

They just put the hammer on a far improved Miami team. Us playing true freshman at key positions will kill us in a game like this.
I just want to see a clean game penalty wise. No injuries. Would love to see the defense cause some pressure. Don't expect much from the offense. Maybe 200ish total yards. 120ish coming from Gibbs Air and Land.

Defense will likely give up 500+ yards of offense and 6+ TDs. Hopefully we can get some turnovers and show we can get pressure on the QB. I don't expect sacks, just some QB hurries.
Hurries would be a huge improvement from last year. Clemson may not be hurried the whole game though. I'll say this, if we don't play Knight instead of Curry we will get TOASTED by Entienne. He will run for 200 yards on us. Curry will get juked out of his shoes. Need speed at Linebacker for this game.

We though UCF was fast... wait till both sides of the ball are faster than UCF was on offense👀.

If we do anything better than 13 points and 250 yards I will consider it a win.
This was the most depressing thing Ive ever read...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@CuseJacket - i’m not trying to troll our team or be disrespectful or start a fight, but given the fact that Clemson has averaged about 45 points a game for years and wins most of their games by at least 3-4 touchdowns, I’m wondering if we should switch up the prediction poll this week to something like:
1) GT Wins
2) Clemson < 7
3) Clemson < 14
4) Clemson < 21
5) Clemson > 21

It just feels like 90% of us will pick Clemson > 14, so what’s the point? Just something to chew on.
I understand the thought process, but I choose not to do it for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is pride.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
It's important that our guys dont get hung up on this loss because there is a lot of damage to be done in the ACC
Quite the contrary I think this game will be a confidence booster for our team, especially our offense. We are likely to lose, but I bet we make some great plays and move the ball on offense, while getting some stops on defense and I think since the team knows this is Clemson, the #1 team, it will help build our confidence overall. The boys will realize, if we could do that against Clemson then we can do that against everyone else and win!

LibertyTurns

Banned
Quite the contrary I think this game will be a confidence booster for our team, especially our offense. We are likely to lose, but I bet we make some great plays and move the ball on offense, while getting some stops on defense and I think since the team knows this is Clemson, the #1 team, it will help build our confidence overall. The boys will realize, if we could do that against Clemson then we can do that against everyone else and win!
Yeah, I don’t believe we’ll win but I’m not sure this is going to be the big beatdown everyone thinks it will be.

Deleted member 2897

Lawrence isn’t perfect, but he’s had the ability to read defenses and where to throw since high school. And he has all the throws. If he stayed in college for 2 more years (because he can), he would have the QB record book for all of history. Do the falcons want him? 🤓

Etienne is of course fast, but he is SO STRONG. Honestly it’s like the first guy on him should just try and hang on until someone else shows up.

Deleted member 2897

Nope, they are too stupid to move away from Matt Ryan because they think he is the GOAT :rolleyes:

You should hear my hot take on Barry Sanders. No, I won't go there - it would derail the thread to infinite. But suffice it to say that my opinion is that even with some great players, their personal playing style doesn't always lend itself to winning. Sometimes you have to head in a new direction just to clear the air if nothing else.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
So you're saying TL is due for an interception. ;)
We did get two against him last year in the first game and then he went a few games without one I believe. So maybe GT will just be his kryptonite, only this year we have a much better offense so maybe we will actually be able to score and take advantage of those INTs.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Have you not noticed that the water boys are playing most of the third and fourth quarter, LOL? Clemson could have twice the stats if they desired. They believe in everyone playing if possible. Stats don’t always tell the whole story. That is why they rarely cover the spread in Vegas.
As deep as their 5 stars go, rotating players is irrelevant. So the stats.

Clemson
310 pass yds avg vs 190 allowed.
185 rush yds avg vs 89 allowed.
24.8 vs 14.3 allowed first downs.
Avg pass yards per completion 12.4
Redzone D .77
Avg 3rd down conversion perc. .525

GT
239 pass yds avg vs 259 allowed.
213 rush yds avg vs 189 allowed.
22.3 vs 22.5 allowed first downs.
Avg pass yards per completion 14.07
Redzone D .800
Avg 3rd down conversion perc .443

I could keep going. The fact of the matter is, while they are better than us in most stats, they are NOT off the charts.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My gut tells me we shock Clemson with how much better we are than last year and we stay ahead of them until midway through the 3rd quarter, then they take the lead but we squeak out the win.
I sure hope ou are right. I will toast a glass of Woodfords Reserve in your direction if we are close at the end.

Deleted member 2897

We did get two against him last year in the first game and then he went a few games without one I believe. So maybe GT will just be his kryptonite, only this year we have a much better offense so maybe we will actually be able to score and take advantage of those INTs.

We also got a couple interceptions against him 2 years ago too. I’m still butt hurt Tre’ didn’t get a pick six last year.