Clemson Game Open - GT opens at 26.5-27 point dog

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
About what I thought. Our D has to really show up at the beginning of the game, we can't have another blocked kick and offense needs to control the snaps and penalities. We can at least be competitive if we can do those things

Clem's son is as close to a machine as I've seen any team look. I'll be there routing hard for our boys, but I don't see how we keep it within 35. I'm thinking a 56-14 type game. We maybe get 2 stops on 10 possessions.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I do not see this as a weakness, but their DL is not the strength of their defense this year. Their LBs and DBs are all potential Sunday players. Does that help us? No.

Damn, do you mean to tell me that Clemson does not have hulking monsters on the defensive line? Hell officially freezes over, details at 11. Now, I see that someone said that even though they are young they have a bunch of former 5 stars playing on the defensive line. Yep, that's the Tigers I know.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is a great team, but they aren’t machines. We are way better than last year and they are still very good to great. We have some playmakers who will make some plays. When on defense I may close my eyes because Lawrence will shred us. But coming off the “big“ game with Miami and a noon start I see them playing down a bit. Our guys have nothing to lose. Choice and Moore will have the boys pumped to play. I think we cover due to lackadaisical play by Clemson.

I don't agree with you but the timing is pretty good coming off a very physical game for the Tigers with Miami. I still think they will cover the four touchdown spread with ease.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Just want to see a competitive game make them earn I'll be thrilled. If I get a game were we are some how still within 2 possessions of them at start of 4th and not a ton of penalties and turnovers Ill be estatic. Happiness for me is simply 38-21 or something like that.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
This line is about where is saw it opening. Definitely looking forward to see where the late money comes in. Hopefully we don’t have any covid situations effect that.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
We will be lucky to gain 200 yards of offense.

Game finishes 49 Clemson, 13 GT. 7 TDs for Clemson. They will want to get away from this game uninjured. No point in getting guys hurt in a cupcake game. We score 2 TDs in the 4th when we play their 2nd and 3rd string.

They just put the hammer on a far improved Miami team. Us playing true freshman at key positions will kill us in a game like this.
I just want to see a clean game penalty wise. No injuries. Would love to see the defense cause some pressure. Don't expect much from the offense. Maybe 200ish total yards. 120ish coming from Gibbs Air and Land.

Defense will likely give up 500+ yards of offense and 6+ TDs. Hopefully we can get some turnovers and show we can get pressure on the QB. I don't expect sacks, just some QB hurries.
Hurries would be a huge improvement from last year. Clemson may not be hurried the whole game though. I'll say this, if we don't play Knight instead of Curry we will get TOASTED by Entienne. He will run for 200 yards on us. Curry will get juked out of his shoes. Need speed at Linebacker for this game.

We though UCF was fast... wait till both sides of the ball are faster than UCF was on offense👀.

If we do anything better than 13 points and 250 yards I will consider it a win.

Deleted member 2897

We will be lucky to gain 200 yards of offense.

Game finishes 49 Clemson, 13 GT. 7 TDs for Clemson. They will want to get away from this game uninjured. No point in getting guys hurt in a cupcake game. We score 2 TDs in the 4th when we play their 2nd and 3rd string.

They just put the hammer on a far improved Miami team. Us playing true freshman at key positions will kill us in a game like this.
I just want to see a clean game penalty wise. No injuries. Would love to see the defense cause some pressure. Don't expect much from the offense. Maybe 200ish total yards. 120ish coming from Gibbs Air and Land.

Defense will likely give up 500+ yards of offense and 6+ TDs. Hopefully we can get some turnovers and show we can get pressure on the QB. I don't expect sacks, just some QB hurries.
Hurries would be a huge improvement from last year. Clemson may not be hurried the whole game though. I'll say this, if we don't play Knight instead of Curry we will get TOASTED by Entienne. He will run for 200 yards on us. Curry will get juked out of his shoes. Need speed at Linebacker for this game.

We though UCF was fast... wait till both sides of the ball are faster than UCF was on offense👀.

If we do anything better than 13 points and 250 yards I will consider it a win.

When we play Dabo, he has most of his starters still in the game well into the 4th quarter even when it’s a blowout. He wants to beat the spread and he doesn’t care about “risking his players in a cupcake game”. He’s a show off clown, which is why he tried to kick a 61 yard field goal in the rain against Miami and designs plays like this one LOL.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We should be able to put up 14 points based off of the # of possessions we should get this game, Clemson plays so quickly (or maybe 12/13 depending if we ever learn how to block XPs).

I expect Clemson to score on about 60-70% of their possessions, probably getting up to low/mid 40s.

A spread of 28 sounds about right, with our failure to convert XPs could make the difference on the hook whichever way the line goes.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
When we play Dabo, he has most of his starters still in the game well into the 4th quarter even when it’s a blowout. He wants to beat the spread and he doesn’t care about “risking his players in a cupcake game”.
Two years ago, Dabo pulled the starting QB for a true freshman against us. Technically true.