Clemson Fan here

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
As others have said -- would strongly recommend getting tickets ahead of time. We are very excited about this game and if it's not a sellout, it should be close. We are looking forward to being very rude hosts, however. :sneaky:

Drive: you can fly down 85 but slow down before you reach 316. Cops abound just south of where 316 comes in to 85. (I have friends in Greenville/Spartanburg and we always have met at 19B. :)) It's a pleasant drive; our interstate is in pretty good shape.

Do NOT get off at Hamilton Mill Road for anything, either going or coming, unless someone is just desperate to pee. :whistle: It's blue murder to get back on.

Have a safe drive and a fun trip (except for the final score. ;))

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
As others have said -- would strongly recommend getting tickets ahead of

Drive: you can fly down 85 but slow down before you reach 316. Cops abound just south of where 316 comes in to 85. (I have friends in Greenville/Spartanburg and we always have met at 19B. :)) It's a pleasant drive; our interstate is in pretty good shape.

Do NOT get off at Hamilton Mill Road for anything, either going or coming, unless someone is just desperate to pee. :whistle: It's blue murder to get back on.

Have a safe drive and a fun trip (except for the final score. ;))

I drive from exit 177 down 85 atleast once a week.
Braselton has some sneaky po po also.
They are usually before exit 129 or at the 126 château Elan exit.

INDEED don't get off at Hamilton Mill. You will say words not easy on the ears.

If you leave Vic Beasley at home you can tailgate with my crew!! :)

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I'll be honest: I went to the Varsity, and left feeling decidedly "meh".

I mean, they're decent dogs, and decent onion rings, but

1) It's a REALLY weird layout.
2) The lines were a zoo
3) As stated above, the people taking orders rushed everybody through the line.

I get that it's a local institution, and that's all probably part of it's "thing", but I walked away thinking "I've done better at a food truck".

(Full disclosure: UVa fan from the DC area, so maybe I'm just a jerk-wad snob)

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

2) The lines were a zoo

I get that it's a local institution, and that's all probably part of it's "thing", but I walked away thinking "I've done better at a food truck".

:ROFLMAO: Full disclosure, it is an acquired taste! But I'm glad you tried it out!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i paid Vic Beasley $500 for some autographs last night......calling TMZ now, it's about to go wide

NCAA will investigate after the season. But at $3000, Gurley got 4 games. So Beasley wouldn't even make the cut for one game. Have to throw in some drugs, hookers, girlfriend abortions, paper classes and not kissing the NCAA's *** to get consideration for immediate punishment.

hdgtfan

Georgia Tech Fan
Home Park is the best tailgating location.
Shame that this area is now considered dangerous

40 years ago my new bride and I lived in high rise married student housing there as our first residence during my senior year. What a deal then, $110 a month for efficiency apt with little more than one room serving as bedroom, kitchen and living room with a cubby desk and industrial strength toilet

Talk about salad days but we loved it at the time. Is that building still there?

Ah well, certainly not a tailgating area and I know you are joking about that but at least it left us with great memories at the time

Still married and still love GT but times have changed the area badly, sorry to digress

hdgtfan

Georgia Tech Fan

2) The lines were a zoo

Absolutely best chili dogs I have found anywhere, rings and fried pies also great. It's a drive in historic restaurant, not 5 star quality but wonderful for what it is as a famous drive in place

Animal02

Banned
Shame that this area is now considered dangerous

40 years ago my new bride and I lived in high rise married student housing there as our first residence during my senior year. What a deal then, $110 a month for efficiency apt with little more than one room serving as bedroom, kitchen and living room with a cubby desk and industrial strength toilet

Talk about salad days but we loved it at the time. Is that building still there?

Ah well, certainly not a tailgating area and I know you are joking about that but at least it left us with great memories at the time

Still married and still love GT but times have changed the area badly, sorry to digress

I do not know if the area has changed that much or that outsiders find easy pickings with students not aware of their surrounding and carrying easily sold items......cell phones, laptops, ipads etc.
Last time was there a few years ago......much looked the same......the area at Tenth and Hemphill had cleaned up a bit......but west of campus was always a tough area

Animal02

Banned

2) The lines were a zoo

With regard to the layout........there is a lot of history to that.
I-75-85 was not nearly was wide as it is now. They lost a god chunk of drive-in and parking to the interstate. (Parking deck was almost twice its current size IIRC)
The many "rooms" came about because the V put TVs in when TVs were rare for students to own....each room was set to a different broadcast station.
The extremely long counter - There was a time where they had different ordering stations of women and families, another was for custom made sandwiches (grilled ham and cheese for example)
Some of the other spaces were once where they did food prep in full view of the public (peeling and dicing onions) I believe that is all done off site now.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Don't want to do the Varsity? (You should, at least once.)

Like Greek food?

Try the Cafe Agora off Peachtree. It's not far from the stadium and is a true hole-in-the-wall, but the Tech football players like to eat there. The food is good and the portions are suitable for 250-300 pounders.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of us get a large FO at home on a regular basis o_O
Some of us get a large FO after a bad test. Or a good test. Or a monday.

There are two kinds of tech students- those who love the Varsity and those idiots who order a plain hamburger. The latter group are beaten about the head until they order something with chili on it.

For my money, the chili dogs and chili cheesesteaks are good, but the chili slaw dog is the best hotdog ever.

And you must get an onion ring and large FO.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry @IEEEWreck , my order is always a naked steak or naked dog (I do add Ketchup) and strings :cool:
Haha hey man, if you like it that's all that matters.

I just can't stand people who say the Varsity sucks when they've only gotten a naked burger. You at least gotta eat the chilidog before you can say you don't like the greasy V.