Clemson Fan here

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tickets outside the stadium are hit and miss. I'd recommend StubHub (or similar) or even GTAA. The StubHub tickets are going for almost the same price as the ones GTAA has so I'd check both. Of course, you'll have to sit with a lot of GT fans. But better than the corner that ACC visitors get in most stadiums.

Tailgating is mostly to the west / NW - on the lawn between the library and student center. And also crammed into lots of little spots all over campus. There should be small groups of Clemson fans all around.

Varsity is worth it as an experience. Just across 75/85 about 1/4 mile east of the south end of the stadium. I wouldn't plan on it as the meal of the day. There are many many good places to eat in Atlanta and the nice thing is that a GT game doesn't stress the restaurant capacity.

My two cousins graduated from Clemson and my dad went there for a bit a long time ago, I was pulling for you guys to beat FSU this year. Really sucks when you lose 1 ACC game and are out of the ACCCG. The ACC really needs to fix it so that the two best teams play for the ACC championship.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Welcome!

There's usually scalpers everywhere

I love the Varsity, it's an absolute must, 2 chilli dogs, onion rings and a varsity orange fountain drink! Theres a secret tunnel that goes from the varsity parking lot (close to the olympic flame) under the interstate that brings you out beside the stadium

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Welcome!

There's usually scalpers everywhere

I love the Varsity, it's an absolute must, 2 chilli dogs, onion rings and a varsity orange fountain drink! Theres a secret tunnel that goes from the varsity parking lot (close to the olympic flame) under the interstate that brings you out beside the stadium
You forgot the Peach Fried Pie. Gotta have one of those.

Russellm0704

Georgia Tech Fan
Ya I wouldn't make the trip without having your ticket situation settled. You can tailgate in just about any grassy area on campus. Varsity isn't special

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would use stubhub ahead of time. You won't find any real good deals day of from scalpers. If you're bringing tailgate stuff, then the 5th street bridge is the easiest, and in my opinion, best place to tailgate. Park in the centergy deck, but drop off your stuff right at the tailgate before you park.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I would definitely recommend the GTAA or Stub Hub for tickets and, an old hell yes, on the Varsity! Yes, there are other fine places to eat but for game day the Varsity is the only spot!

Have fun in Atlanta but I gotta admit I want to beat the Tigers!!!! ;)

Animal02

Banned
The Varsity is worth it if you have never been.....it is an icon in Atlanta.
If you want to sit near the Clemson band and fans......lower level Sec 128-130 or upper level 227-228. there is usually a mix of visiting team fans in those sections. They are toward the endzone but not in the corner.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
The Varsity is good if you have never been. It tends to be a bit greasy, so don't go there if you have folks with you that tend to order salads. It is a better (more fun) version of skins with burgers/fries and onion rings.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have to do the V if you come to the game just for the experience. Have to try a chili dog and O-rings, they're tasty.

Re: tailgating lot's of places. Follow BainbridgeJacket's advice if carrying gear for tailgating.

Enjoy they day, but still hope GT wins. :)

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Living Social has the best deal for tickets - although not nearly as good as the Miami deal; $80.00 per for 203, 206, 223, 227.

You are buying from the GTAA at a price that is $14 less than those same tickets are from the GTAA without the deal.

Section 227 would be above the tickets that were offered to Clemson's AA - where your cheerleaders, etc. are. The other sections will probably have a larger percentage of GT fans :unsure:. 203 and 206 are much farther away from the field than 223 & 227.

Go here for the deal.

Going to the V may not translate to non-Atlantan, and can lead to gasto-intestinal distress if you are susceptible to that. Usually there are some tailgaters in the lots near the V there from the opponents.

I hope that you enjoy Atlanta, but go home disappointed in the game result. :woot:

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Hope you have safe travels to, and from, Atlanta. Regarding the Varsity; it's a must for a visit; probably best for after the game, though! Two dogs all the way, onion rings, Jumbo FO, and a peach pie - you won't be disappointed...you might want to bring Tums for the ride home, just to be safe...

Cyntergy Center for parking is a great idea; you can actually get an advanced parking pass for $10 if you go to the GTAA site and go to the tickets site and look for daily parking passes (http://events.lanierparking.com/ListLotSS.aspx?Event=10666&Product=10124). There's a "convenience" charge of $2.50 (I believe), but it's well worth it. This parking spot is fairly short to the stadium, which will give you the short walk to the Varsity, which is the short walk back to the Parking Deck, which in turn has easy access back to the Interstate, getting you back home.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Sup GT

Got a few questions.

1) We are making our first trip next week. Will tickets be easy to find outside the stadium?

2) Tailgating. Where is the best places?

3) Is the varsity worth going to and is it close to the stadium?

The HELLLLLL with Gerogia!!!!

and BEAT State today!
Don't go near the library on Saturday. Half the student body thinks that's the place to be on Saturdays.

Go the Varsity if you've never been. Everybody should go there at least once in their lifetime. We all hope you enjoy your visit but not the game. :)

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Centergy Deck for parking is a great idea;

This IS the cheapest place to park that is a decent walk to the stadium, but you better have something to do after the game. It will take at least an hour to get out of the deck and free of the Williams Street/10th Street intersection, longer if you get to the deck later in the day and have to go up a few floors. Back into your spot.

Get your pass here

However, if GT is winning big-time in the 3rd Quarter . . .

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Know what you want to order at the V before you line up. Follow @GlennW 's suggestion

This is true; the "V" has their own "language" and they'll rush you through the line ("wadda u have, wadda u have"?). Be ready to go or everyone behind you will give you grief, too! Also, be sure to pick up the Varsity hats before you leave; nice keepsakes.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just echoing what people have already said...if you've never been to the Varsity, worth the experience just to say you've been there. It's right across the North Avenue bridge from the stadium...3-5 minute walk depending on game day pedestrian traffic. People's tastes differ, but the popular item is definitely the frosted orange.

As far as everything else, Midtown Atlanta that surrounds GT offers a TON of things to do now. Bunch of restaurants from that range from the budget conscious to the upper end dining experiences. Lots of bars to pre-game at. Most everything is within a quarter to mile walk from the stadium. My suggestion to visiting fans is start from North Ave at the Varsity, walk to Peachtree St, take a left and take it all in. Everything you need in terms of eats, hotels, bars, entertainment can be found between North Ave and 14th/15th St on Peachtree. It's also a good way to past the time and sight see before the game if it's a late game time.

There's a reason why the SEC holds their Championship game in Atlanta every year, and the ACC would love to host it here as well.