Clemson - 2PM Saturday

Funny how emotions were running at a all time high when Robert Carter signed, Solo signed. Now look at where the program is. Funny how the bottom fell out of the program so quickly. Used to be point guard U, now we can't attract a decent PG. Not asking for a Kenny Anderson, just a decent PG. I was spoiled by the run of NBA talent we used to get.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
ANY way it goes with BG, we are in for a TERRIBLE next yr.If he is here ,we are dead (as in zero conf wins possible) and our recruiting for '17 is dead.
If he goes now , we will have a bad yr given our present returning players.The good news, a new coach starts to re build.The bad news ,we have a HUGE amount of bucks to pay--both in payoff and new contract(if that is even possible).
A head-shaking situation.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am waiting to see how hard the team plays against FSU on the road, but based on what I have seen recently, this team has come to realize it is going nowhere. It has lost its fight and desire to win. They probably realize retention problems with the coach and now they are done as well. Might get a 1st round win at ACC tourney but that would be it. I was fortunate to be at the Duke/UVA game yesterday and what I saw at the end was pure desire to win on both sides. Other than MGH, I have not seen that from our guys recently.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Chance favors the prepared mind
under-siege-2-dark-territory-1-1.jpeg

and it goes beyond this..don't you think?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If they do get rid of CBG at the end of this year, the huge question will be, given the payouts that would be there for Gregory and Hewitt still.....would we be willing to spend the money for a quality hire? If not, I'd rather suffer through another year of CBG. If so....why the heck weren't things done differently a couple of years ago?

I am guessing that we will either suffer through another year with CBG (who at least is good for the APR and PR)......OR we double down on our mistakes and hire another coach on the cheap (nightmare scenario, imho).

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If they do get rid of CBG at the end of this year, the huge question will be, given the payouts that would be there for Gregory and Hewitt still.....would we be willing to spend the money for a quality hire? If not, I'd rather suffer through another year of CBG. If so....why the heck weren't things done differently a couple of years ago?

Our buyout situation really isn't that bad, even factoring in Hewitt. If we fired gregory we'd be paying ~1.7 mil next year and ~1.44 mil the year after in buyouts. To put it in perspective, Clemson would owe Brownell 3 million if he were fired in the last two years of his 5 year contract. That is comparable to what we would be paying over the next two years if we fired gregory after this year. You want to see buyout hell go look at Buzz William's contract. Auto roll over means he'll always have 5 years remaining on his contract, and he'll be owed full amount of it remaining if he is fired, regardless if he finds another job. If he doesn't work out, VT is looking at 2.6mil + every year for 5 years.

If we aren't willing to spend the money for a quality hire this year, then we won't be in a position to make a quality hire next year.