Clemson - 2PM Saturday

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I did not think we would win this game on the road with Clemson needing a win to stay on the NCAA bubble, but the second half was ugly. Very ugly. Now we have FSU in Tallahassee with their situation similar to Clemson's. They cannot afford a home loss to us if they want an NCAA bid.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I have been firmly entrenched in that camp for a while now. I don't post often here anymore, mainly because I feel like the negative nannies make it harder to watch our program, but never miss a game if I can avoid it.

Ultimately I am coming around to there is no excuse for the mental lapses we have had the last few seasons. Either practice isn't prepping our guys, or we have the wrong players but both of those sit at CBG's feet. It's clear that the kids are trying and he and the assistamts are putting in effort - but this just isn't working.

I think it's more out of frustration than being negative knowing we are better than our record. I take no pleasure in negative posting and try not too. I really do feel for our guys.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
4184-0-1449090294.jpg

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
i absolutely love coach gregory. LOVE. unfortunately not as our coach. i love our players especially no 3. they are doing their best. i have supported the coach ever since he was hired.

when ken pomeroy ranks you near the bottom of the luck rankings out of 350 teams you obviously have issues. without looking at our previous seasons my intuition tells me we have not improved much if any in this area.

maybe i am clueless but imo improving 'luck' is all about coaching. having the players in the right spot to do the right thing at the right time. coach g is just not getting it done.

lets hope that mbob has been doing something during his tenure besides keeping a tight lip. the guy just does a poor job of communicating to the fans.

i do not see us playing in any tournament once the season is over. so he will have plenty of time to right the sinking ship.

we deserve better!

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Its beyond embarrassing and it reflects all the way up to our current AD's and the previous ones who put us in this position. The is just no way a school in the heart of Atlanta, who plays in the ACC should be this bad.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We made 1 of our last 14 shots in the game... hard to blame CBG for that...

Well, it's not like they were running incredible sets that BG put together and then missing wide open jumpers and lay ups. There was very little structure to our offense during that span, which seems to be a repeating theme late in games.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Just think how badly we're going to be tortured when we have to endure what should be the last year of coach's reign next year. I hope I'm wrong and we're mere games away from the end, but there's no indications from GT's leadership team that they even give a crap about the basketball program. It's conceivable they'll even wait 2 years instead of one. At that point a believe we get a twofer- AD & coach.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If CBG is retained, there has to be a heck of a spin behind the story...
Nice guy, very genuine, but I think he knows he's toast...