Classy yet perplexing tweet from Vad Lee

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
GT QB's don't put up enough stats for them to have a chance at the NFL. That said CPJ made concessions for Vad to put the ball in the air more. Vad didn't hold his end by learning the base offense.
All in all Vad was successful at GT, he didn't have a losing record.

This was pretty.

Ahhh, memories of the diamond formation.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Vad really didn't show much reason to dramatically increase passing attempts. He had a big arm and could be really accurate at times, but he was not as good throwing the ball consistently well as Tevin or Justin.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I still think many are missing the true issue. Vad was better than the product on the field because of the OL performance. If JT had only had 2015 you may say the same thing about JT.

The "team" did not show much reason to increase passing attempts in 2013... not Vad alone.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
FWIW - I think CPJ went away from the gun because people got a lot better at defending the option out of it. It was something a lot of teams were running, and would rep weekly. I think it has less to do with the QB than a lot of people think.

quadf

Georgia Tech Fan
I seem to remember vad saying that after the UNC game cpj was unhappy because despite winning, it wasn't running the offense the way cpj wanted. (Pistol base instead of flex).

It sounded like it ended up being best for both parties to part ways. Not a big deal, particularly with hindsight.

18in32

Georgia Tech Fan
I liked Vad, thought he was a good player for us and a good S-A for the school. I was shocked and very sad when he decided to transfer.

I hate it when people complain about a player after he leaves. It's like thinking ill of the dead – nothing good comes of it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This thread started out about a tweet or whatever it is called by Vad Lee. Now I have no idea what it has morphed into. Because not only is he gone, he has graduated elsewhere, and it has become sort of a what-if-the-axis-had-won-the-war thing.