Classy yet perplexing tweet from Vad Lee

Techster

Helluva Engineer
From what I've heard, Vad REALLY loved GT, Atlanta, and his teammates (he actually still keeps in touch with his GT teammates on twitter). He just wanted a shot to play in the NFL and thought it was best for him to play in another offense.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Things worked out best for both parties.
That said Vad could have still had a shot at the NFL playing for GT. How CPJ modified the O would have been perfect for Vad to exploit.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I just don't think cpj felt comfortable running with play calls ect, seemed like we had a lot of delay of game penalties because plays took forever to come in that year.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
imo play calling had nothing to do with vad leaving. he didnt like getting hit. i dont recall which game it was but there was an early game that changed how he reacted to getting hit. from that game on a slight breeze could bring vad down.

he just didnt have the right mind set for gt as i saw it. i was happy he left. i just wish he would have made the decision early on so we could have played a qb that wanted to be here instead of a quitter but that is jut my opinion based on what i saw during the season.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
imo play calling had nothing to do with vad leaving. he didnt like getting hit. i dont recall which game it was but there was an early game that changed how he reacted to getting hit. from that game on a slight breeze could bring vad down.

he just didnt have the right mind set for gt as i saw it. i was happy he left. i just wish he would have made the decision early on so we could have played a qb that wanted to be here instead of a quitter but that is jut my opinion based on what i saw during the season.
unc

Agree that he wasn't the same, but to say he didn't really want to be thereafter that is a stretch. Against ugag he showed some fire, he definitely played with heart. That was a painful one.
The Georgia game was definitely one of his best games at Tech, but I was at Clemson, when he took a slide a good 5 yards from the oncoming Clemson defender at one point during the game.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

The UNC game regardless was a big game for Lee though Johnson felt they left points on the board even with 69 scored. But for a guy who "didn't like getting hit" he played another two and a half years or so of division one football and as I recall had a very nice career in a distinctly different offense. But what he was not was an option QB as it turned out. All indications are he gave it his best shot and he probably was in great danger of losing playing time with the development of Thomas. Sometimes a guy leaving is nothing more than that no matter what motives may be imputed. Seems to me everybody benefited.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
The UNC game regardless was a big game for Lee though Johnson felt they left points on the board even with 69 scored. But for a guy who "didn't like getting hit" he played another two and a half years or so of division one football and as I recall had a very nice career in a distinctly different offense. But what he was not was an option QB as it turned out. All indications are he gave it his best shot and he probably was in great danger of losing playing time with the development of Thomas. Sometimes a guy leaving is nothing more than that no matter what motives may be imputed. Seems to me everybody benefited.

Just FYI, the UNC game he suffered the hit was 2013 (the rain soaked one at bobby Dodd). He struggled the rest of 2013 compared to his running in 2012 (when we whipped UNC at their place).

That was the 2012 game at Chapel Hill. It was the 2013 game at Grant Field when he took the monster hit.