Class of 2024 - Baseball commits

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Drew Rogers is a 2024 C/IF with a 6-0 215 lb. frame from Shoreview, MN who attends Hamilton. Recorded a 7.42 second sixty yard dash time. Large frame with a strong and athletic build. Primary catcher, works from a side straddle set with a flexible lower half. Consistent with a quick transfer and release from the ear.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
OMG....Georgia Tech University. :mad: Who the hell comes up with these announcements?
A talented young man commits to play for us and instead of congratulating him or welcoming him on board you choose to obsess over them calling us a university. Sorry Joshua. Welcome to Tech. We look forward to seeing you play and wish you well during your time on campus.

Killerbees

Jolly Good Fellow
A talented young man commits to play for us and instead of congratulating him or welcoming him on board you choose to obsess over them calling us a university. Sorry Joshua. Welcome to Tech. We look forward to seeing you play and wish you well during your time on campus.
The kids don’t read these blogs…and if they do I would recommend they don’t cause the comments get brutal real fast come season time.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
The kids don’t read these blogs…and if they do I would recommend they don’t cause the comments get brutal real fast come season time.
I disagree. I know for a fact many of them do read the message boards having had a son who was recruited in a different sport. And those that may not see something have friends that are quick to point out things they read. Regardless, I just feel the most important part of the message was a talented young man committing to play for Tech, not the fact that someone unfamiliar with us chose to call us a university instead of an institute.

Killerbees

Jolly Good Fellow
I disagree. I know for a fact many of them do read the message boards having had a son who was recruited in a different sport. And those that may not see something have friends that are quick to point out things they read. Regardless, I just feel the most important part of the message was a talented young man committing to play for Tech, not the fact that someone unfamiliar with us chose to call us a university instead of an institute.
First, I agree with you that everyone should have a warm welcome. Second, if a player gets caught up in a fan board and/or listening to the gossip it’s the beginning of the end for them. Last, some alumni carry pride with where they graduated from…for the degree tied the that Institute or University. We are living in a new day where the majority of our recruits will not see that prestigious degree because of the portal/NIL tornado the NCAA has created.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think I am obsessing. I just find it incredibly disrespectful that someone would accept a scholarship and yet not be able to correctly state the name of the school. It's not hard.

SuperToe

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think I am obsessing. I just find it incredibly disrespectful that someone would accept a scholarship and yet not be able to correctly state the name of the school. It's not hard.
It’s also not hard to show grace for a young man who has committed to attend and play baseball for GT because he doesn’t yet know the formal name of the school. I don’t believe he intended to show any disrespect.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s also not hard to show grace for a young man who has committed to attend and play baseball for GT because he doesn’t yet know the formal name of the school. I don’t believe he intended to show any disrespect.
You are correct about my need to show grace. I do welcome him to the GT and hope that he will represent us well. I will admit that I have a hard time believing that he doesn't yet know the formal name of the school - surely the scholarship offer clearly stated Georgia Institute of Technology? I am positive it did not say Georgia Tech University. Maybe he got autocorrected and didn't catch it?