Class of 2022 - Baseball Commits

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do we anticipate seeing Stanford on campus or will be likely go in the draft?

Good question. He'll have options and depends on his personal situation. Only he and his parents can really answer that probably. Since he's an outstanding student may opt to be developed by DBo. Already appears to have 3 pitches. Ranked by PG as a 10. (I don't pay extra for national rankings.) Here's what PG says about him. Update is he ran a 60 in 6.90 so a fast dude, especially for 6-4 210 lb. And he is currently only 17 years & 7 months old.

"Riley Stanford is a 2022 OF/RHP with a 6-4 210 lb. frame from Gainesville, GA who attends Buford. Big and strong athletic build, pretty mature physically. Classic right field tools on defense, has elite level arm strength with plus carry on his throws, makes accurate throws as well, arm is a weapon, 7.09 runner in the sixty. Right handed hitter, hits from a spread start with a power approach, aggressive hitter with some uphill plane to the ball, has shown he can shorten up his swing when needed, has the strength and bat speed to hit it out of any ball park. Also pitched, slow paced low hand delivery, arm strength is obvious on his fastball, up to 94 mph and jumping on hitters. Showed some quality and power to his curveball when he got out front with it, best at higher velocities. Flashed a change up for a strike. Definitely has potential on the mound with more repetitions. Oustanding student. Named to the PG All-American Underclass Games Top Prospect List."

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I dropped my $30/month membership for PG. Seemed silly with no events until May/June/July....

We saw and heard Stanford in Ft Myers. He was good and he is big.
If he was 97 as a Junior. He's going to do well and would be offered high round 1 or 2.
Like Lesko who Vandy got on paper, but will not show up on campus.

DBo is a HUGE DRAW y'all! Don't discount the GT offering with the amazing degree and DBo there.
That new pitching lab is going to only add to that and not only is GT Catcher U but it is going to be known at Pitcher U shortly.

From players, scouts and guys we've talked to EVERYONE is drooling over GT as Pitcher U!!

Super exciting time to be a Yellow Jacket and fan!!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I dropped my $30/month membership for PG. Seemed silly with no events until May/June/July....

We saw and heard Stanford in Ft Myers. He was good and he is big.
If he was 97 as a Junior. He's going to do well and would be offered high round 1 or 2.
Like Lesko who Vandy got on paper, but will not show up on campus.

DBo is a HUGE DRAW y'all! Don't discount the GT offering with the amazing degree and DBo there.
That new pitching lab is going to only add to that and not only is GT Catcher U but it is going to be known at Pitcher U shortly.

From players, scouts and guys we've talked to EVERYONE is drooling over GT as Pitcher U!!

Super exciting time to be a Yellow Jacket and fan!!
I have to correct you here. It's Catcher I and Pitcher I ;)

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Good question. He'll have options and depends on his personal situation. Only he and his parents can really answer that probably. Since he's an outstanding student may opt to be developed by DBo. Already appears to have 3 pitches. Ranked by PG as a 10. (I don't pay extra for national rankings.) Here's what PG says about him. Update is he ran a 60 in 6.90 so a fast dude, especially for 6-4 210 lb. And he is currently only 17 years & 7 months old.

"Riley Stanford is a 2022 OF/RHP with a 6-4 210 lb. frame from Gainesville, GA who attends Buford. Big and strong athletic build, pretty mature physically. Classic right field tools on defense, has elite level arm strength with plus carry on his throws, makes accurate throws as well, arm is a weapon, 7.09 runner in the sixty. Right handed hitter, hits from a spread start with a power approach, aggressive hitter with some uphill plane to the ball, has shown he can shorten up his swing when needed, has the strength and bat speed to hit it out of any ball park. Also pitched, slow paced low hand delivery, arm strength is obvious on his fastball, up to 94 mph and jumping on hitters. Showed some quality and power to his curveball when he got out front with it, best at higher velocities. Flashed a change up for a strike. Definitely has potential on the mound with more repetitions. Oustanding student. Named to the PG All-American Underclass Games Top Prospect List."
Thanks for the insight. Combined with what @eokerholm said above, hopeful we'll see him pitch in White and Gold. Seems like we have a great recruiting pitch as well... work with the dude who was training the Yankees, enjoy college, get a degree, use facilities that are MLB quality, AND live in a world-class city vs. bouncing around small minor league cities. Obviously instant $$ and signing bonus is a draw in the other direction, so not discounting guys who take that route by any means.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks for the insight. Combined with what @eokerholm said above, hopeful we'll see him pitch in White and Gold. Seems like we have a great recruiting pitch as well... work with the dude who was training the Yankees, enjoy college, get a degree, use facilities that are MLB quality, AND live in a world-class city vs. bouncing around small minor league cities. Obviously instant $$ and signing bonus is a draw in the other direction, so not discounting guys who take that route by any means.

Going to college and getting developed there versus the subsistence living of the minors is the way to go unless you get a really big bonus or just don't want to go to college. At least that's the way I see it too.

If you can't make the MLB out of college, at least you have a degree (or most of it) rather than bouncing around the minors. Riley should get a big bonus next year and the question is whether to go to college in hopes of an even bigger bonus in three years. That's a good problem to have :)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not a commitment, however he’s a 4-star QB who is an outstanding baseball talent(bat and arm):