Class of 2021 - Baseball Commits

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Someone help me interpret the Ramblin Wreck site: https://ramblinwreck.com/signing-day-central-2020/

Are all these players ones who have signed NLIs? And if you sign an NLI, you have opted out of the draft????

See bottom of baseball list.
So yes, those are all the players who have signed a NLI so far.

As to the second, no. Players can still get drafted after signing the NLI. It just locks them into coming to Tech if they don't get drafted.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
That was also the order that the Commitment documents came in. We had to sign them after 7am local.

11/12 turned in. Per Twitter, Carter Daniels hasn’t turned his in or they haven’t made an announcement of receipt of them.

The NLI doesn’t negate the ability to draft just confirms tour home should you not draft or sign. It also completes the recruiting process and you aren’t supposed to talk to any other schools and vice versa.

Not sure what the plans are for a team official visit given the year kind dead period with the extension to April. That removes a football or basketball game weekend and class celebration.
I think the ncaa should give a waiver to the signees so they get their official. The 2021 and 2022 classes were put through the ringer this year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So yes, those are all the players who have signed a NLI so far.

As to the second, no. Players can still get drafted after signing the NLI. It just locks them into coming to Tech if they don't get drafted.

That was also the order that the Commitment documents came in. We had to sign them after 7am local.

11/12 turned in. Per Twitter, Carter Daniels hasn’t turned his in or they haven’t made an announcement of receipt of them.

The NLI doesn’t negate the ability to draft just confirms tour home should you not draft or sign. It also completes the recruiting process and you aren’t supposed to talk to any other schools and vice versa.

Not sure what the plans are for a team official visit given the year kind dead period with the extension to April. That removes a football or basketball game weekend and class celebration.
I think the ncaa should give a waiver to the signees so they get their official. The 2021 and 2022 classes were put through the ringer this year.

I thought it wasn't binding relative to the draft which is why I didn't celebrate. Thanks.

Carter Daniels is a very good RHP. He is rated as high (10 PG) as any of our other RHPs. Hope he comes to GT!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Got another 21.... Outfielder. Tyler Hare.
I dropped my PG subscription so can't see too much on him.

Tyler is PG 9 best grade.

"Tyler Hare is a 2021 OF/RHP with a 6-2 210 lb. frame from Atlanta, GA who attends Marist. Large, athletic frame with square shoulders and present strength to frame, additional room to fill moving forward. Ran a 7.60 60-yard dash. Primary outfielder, fields the ball out front with some bend at waist, extra steps through the ball, works to an over-the-top release and shows quickness to arm action, nice carry on throws with accuracy to intended base. Also pitched, works exclusively out of the stretch, gets tall on backside with a leg lift slightly up past belt; full and quick arm action working to similar over-the-top release point with some drop and drive to lower half with a shorter stride. Fastball topped out at 86 mph, generates plane to it through the zone and mixed a 12-6 shaped curveball at 76 mph with depth. Lefthanded hitter, begins with a slightly open stance and a high hand set and back elbow at the plate; utilizes a leg lift trigger for timing in the box. Incorporates physical strength well into swing and swings with intent, generates big leverage and shows big jump to pull side; quickness to hands and gets extended out front at the point of contact. Good student."

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
First scrimmage of the year. C was pretty pumped yesterday to hit 2 HR back to back. I'm surprised they didn't walk him after that. Cool part was we were live streaming and DBo and Ramsey got to watch the BombFest and him go 3up/3down with 3Ks into some crazy wind 90-91. Due to Covid restrictions, fans weren't allowed in the stands, so I was outside the RF fence and helping the announcer with Jersey numbers and positions. We had 78 connections at one point.
Silly part is we have to be careful with the live streaming on FB or YouTube as the music police will shut you down if they pick up the between inning music or even walk up songs. I have a friend who was live streaming for Hays HS get his YouTube feed shut down due to Copyright infringement. Those were some pissed parents!

Not worth the risk, protect the live stream if you're not going to let us in the stands yet.....

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
(sorry, he came last month 1/19....beesball just posted today for some reason)

picked up another?
Tyler Hare
PG: https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=521860

1612923125562.png

Last edited: