Class of 2021 - Baseball Commits

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
He is on a a draft board I saw...#225 but not sure that's high enough to grab him

I hate google sheets....page to get link to access

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
KC on the 50 list of write up from PGScouts...

FYI, Chase Petty (Miami commit that will never step foot on campus; hit 102 on the gun this week, in HS... sat 98-100 for 3 innings).... Made some money this week. He'll be a 1st rounder....

Our boy got a nice write up. Good kid and great family.
He's on a few draft boards.

Kristian Campbell, SS, Walton High School (Ga.)
Campbell’s athleticism is apparent as soon as he steps out onto the field. Campbell makes shortstop look easy with a plethora of fluid actions, while regularly working into a balanced, solid position to make all plays. Everything he does from his pre-pitch setup, to funneling ground balls into his glove, through release of his throws looks smooth and routine. Kristian’s arm also profiles to stay at short with above average arm strength and accuracy across the diamond with carry. Similarly to the aforementioned Jones, Campbell would showcase his hitability in an abbreviated look Friday afternoon at Cambridge High School. At the plate, Campbell has a table-setter type mentality, and consistently displays a keen eye that works himself into hitter friendly, fastball counts. When ahead, he uses his short swing path, keeps his hands inside the ball, and shoots hard hit, barreled contact to all fields. Kristian has a good approach at the plate for an amateur ballplayer and can be seen hitting the ball where it’s pitched, not trying to do too much. Speed works in all phases, which helps Campbell play to his aggressive demeanor, consistently testing the defense with confidence to take the extra base as we saw Friday, stretching a soft line drive down the right field line for a double. A top prospect at the World Showcase this past January, Campbell’s baseball future is at an exciting crossroad as he is already committed to nearby Georgia Tech, yet he’s generated quite a draft buzz as well.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
KC on the 50 list of write up from PGScouts...

FYI, Chase Petty (Miami commit that will never step foot on campus; hit 102 on the gun this week, in HS... sat 98-100 for 3 innings).... Made some money this week. He'll be a 1st rounder....

Our boy got a nice write up. Good kid and great family.
He's on a few draft boards.

Kristian Campbell, SS, Walton High School (Ga.)
Campbell’s athleticism is apparent as soon as he steps out onto the field. Campbell makes shortstop look easy with a plethora of fluid actions, while regularly working into a balanced, solid position to make all plays. Everything he does from his pre-pitch setup, to funneling ground balls into his glove, through release of his throws looks smooth and routine. Kristian’s arm also profiles to stay at short with above average arm strength and accuracy across the diamond with carry. Similarly to the aforementioned Jones, Campbell would showcase his hitability in an abbreviated look Friday afternoon at Cambridge High School. At the plate, Campbell has a table-setter type mentality, and consistently displays a keen eye that works himself into hitter friendly, fastball counts. When ahead, he uses his short swing path, keeps his hands inside the ball, and shoots hard hit, barreled contact to all fields. Kristian has a good approach at the plate for an amateur ballplayer and can be seen hitting the ball where it’s pitched, not trying to do too much. Speed works in all phases, which helps Campbell play to his aggressive demeanor, consistently testing the defense with confidence to take the extra base as we saw Friday, stretching a soft line drive down the right field line for a double. A top prospect at the World Showcase this past January, Campbell’s baseball future is at an exciting crossroad as he is already committed to nearby Georgia Tech, yet he’s generated quite a draft buzz as well.

This report describes a high schooler with a mature approach at the plate. I thought he was a pitcher, but I really like what I read about his ability at SS. This report describes someone with a very high BB IQ. I look forward to watching his transition at Tech. A SS version of Parada?

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
This report describes a high schooler with a mature approach at the plate. I thought he was a pitcher, but I really like what I read about his ability at SS. This report describes someone with a very high BB IQ. I look forward to watching his transition at Tech. A SS version of Parada?
Definitely NOT a pitcher. SS, 3B or 2B. Good approach at the plate. Gorgeous swing and he's fast!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Another good night for Baseball. Way to to GT over GaSt

Christian had a night too.... 11Ks in 6IP for the shutout. 2H 0BB 0W.
Took a bullet to the shin and finished the play. Nice shin egg! Pitched 4 more Innings after.

KC posted a stand up double yesterday. 2 views (must have a camera crew with him)

He likes pitches high in the zone, it seems.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
It's for all the marbles tonight!
Pitching for the Playoffs tonight vs #22 Ranked team in Texas, Round Rock to rob them from Sole District Championship.
Christian nabbed his 2nd Player of the Week in the Austin American Statesman.
Good luck tonight to everyone!

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Praise the lord the HS season is over. C is going on Shut down for at least 4 weeks in order to rest before ramping back up for mid June in Hoover with East Cobb, 2 tourneys in ATL, including WWBA and last tourney of the summer in Hoover again in mid July. Should be interesting to see that tourney given that all the draftees will NOT attend or participate.
Not a bad last game.

1619657152866.png

Season Stats:
96 Ks .640 ERA and .640 WHIP on the season 217Ks over 4* year Varsity Career (with only 17 IP last year due to Covid)
Even though he hasn't batted since he was a Freshman.... He returned this year to lead the team in 3 hole.
Batted a .417 for the season, lead the team in doubles with 7, RBI 21, Runs scored 20, and HBP with 10 (broke record). He even had a 10 pitch at bat last night, doing Ramsey proud.

FYI, he's getting shut down for 3-4 weeks to rest his arm but working out and doing HIT before ramping back up with Pitching Coach David Smart for Mid June Tourney in Hoover with East Cobb Astros.
1619660730405.png