Class of 2021 - Baseball Commits

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Logan did pretty well yesterday.
Carter struggled some with the strike zone but got outs when needed.
We're #1 seed going into Day 4.
I will post diamondkast game summaries

Last edited:

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
1595194192736.png

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Where were they Friday?

Christian went 3IP No Hitter, No walks.
8Ks out of 9 batters (88% of batters faced). 71% Strike%. Great way to start off the tourney.
Still early in his "season" only 16th inning of summer play.
I think EC Astros have played 50-60 games already....

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
Where were they Friday?

Christian went 3IP No Hitter, No walks.
8Ks out of 9 batters (88% of batters faced). 71% Strike%. Great way to start off the tourney.
Still early in his "season" only 16th inning of summer play.
I think EC Astros have played 50-60 games already....
Yeah thought it was odd they haven’t posted anything on Christian not just Friday but in the last few weeks....especially with how well he’s pitching.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, whatever. It happens and he's not a usual I guess.....
He's only done 2 other events so far this summer. 18U WWBA National Championship and then 17U Elite National Championship.
Then this 17U WWBA National Championship.
He's not able to make the Team USA event next week.

Then a PG world Series in Tomball 8/1 with his old team and then hopefully EC 8/10-14.
We'll probably skip the South TX Top Prospect Games @ Texas A&M 8/15-16.....you only get 3-4 innings for $700. Not sure I'm too excited about that one.

Glad he's doing well and very thankful he's getting some reps and able to hang with his GT team mates. 7 on the team this week. Another week with the guys in Jupiter in October.

He did a FiveTool event 7/7 with his old team to get them a win and put them into the winners bracket in Mellisa , TX. Boy was it HOT!! 109 I think, I can't imagine what it was on the field.
He was excited to get back to ATL to play. Hot this week, but not Texas Hot.

Exciting week and the GT boys are kickin a$$ all around!!!

Just saw that EC Astros registered for a PG World Series in August 10-14 in Tomball, TX. That would be awesome and pseudo-local for us. We will for sure be there.
Canes National coming too. They should just have Us and Canes play a 3 or 5 game series in Minute Made Park. That would be amazing.

https://www.perfectgame.org/events/TournamentTeams.aspx?event=11292

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When do classes start? Like early Sept?

Football players come back early, I don't think Spring sport players do.

Weren't out fall games cancelled already with other teams? Easy to do since no money involved.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
104 Degrees today at Texas A&M (I'm sure way hotter on the field).
C dominated at the Perfect Game South TX Top Prospect Games at Texas A&M.
3IP, minimum 9 BF, 5Ks 0H 0W in 33 pitches. Topped 91.
Only his 27th inning of work this summer. (Comparing to last year, including the 17IP in HS before Covid -- He hasn't even finished the HS season, before District Play at 49 IP. He'd normally be around 100 IP by August after HS, Districts, Travel Summer Ball....
Rough year for everyone.
Still ramping up for Jupiter in October.

Nice tweet and video and nice write up.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
104 Degrees today at Texas A&M (I'm sure way hotter on the field).
C dominated at the Perfect Game South TX Top Prospect Games at Texas A&M.
3IP, minimum 9 BF, 5Ks 0H 0W in 33 pitches. Topped 91.
Only his 27th inning of work this summer. (Comparing to last year, including the 17IP in HS before Covid -- He hasn't even finished the HS season, before District Play at 49 IP. He'd normally be around 100 IP by August after HS, Districts, Travel Summer Ball....
Rough year for everyone.
Still ramping up for Jupiter in October.

Nice tweet and video and nice write up.

These guys he put down are the best hitters around. Good job!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I don't know where to post this, but since the only baseball post made recently have been here, I am posting here. I read that classes start at GT tomorrow. Does baseball practice start now?

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Harry Ford (2021) on the left. Having a helluva summer. East Coast Pro, Area Code, All American Team, East Cobb Championships. Won Team USA Tourney with 17U East Cobb and again with 16U East Cobb.
Terrell Johnson's (2020) little brother Termarr on the Right. He too was on both teams. #4 overall in 2022 class.STUD!