CJP Said What????

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Nasir is and is going to be a really good player. But he is not what this year's team needs. He is not a scorer or a shooter - for this year. If you said Colbey White was coming to GT for this year then that is a different issue and what GT really needs. Nasir would play a lot for us but he doesn't open the court up like what we need.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Johnson would be coming off the bench on our team from what I saw tonight. It's like in football when a bad defense has a middle LB that has a million tackles. So what? Devoe has a higher upside and Alvarado is a better player right now. He's athletic but he has that many points because he's the best player on HIS team.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Congrats to the team last night - Alvarado was fantastic and Banks was very good rim protecting. Pitt free throw shooting helped us but we will take it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Johnson would be coming off the bench on our team from what I saw tonight. It's like in football when a bad defense has a middle LB that has a million tackles. So what? Devoe has a higher upside and Alvarado is a better player right now. He's athletic but he has that many points because he's the best player on HIS team.

I thought that's what everyone thought anyway. Depth signing. Not an instead-of-Devoe signing.

Glad we were able to pull this one out. Before I went to sleep, seemed like we were trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Pitt shooting free(sic) throws with their eyes closed certainly helped. My goodness, how bad was their free throw shooting.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought that's what everyone thought anyway. Depth signing. Not an instead-of-Devoe signing.

Glad we were able to pull this one out. Before I went to sleep, seemed like we were trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Pitt shooting free(sic) throws with their eyes closed certainly helped. My goodness, how bad was their free throw shooting.

Bro, you need something positive in your life. I'm still working on you, but you're like:

tenor.gif

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Nasir is and is going to be a really good player. But he is not what this year's team needs. He is not a scorer or a shooter - for this year. If you said Colbey White was coming to GT for this year then that is a different issue and what GT really needs. Nasir would play a lot for us but he doesn't open the court up like what we need.
My whole point is that he only played 11 minutes the entire game against Duke. I think we could probably find a few more minute than that on the court, and it would definitely make us a better team.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
My whole point is that he only played 11 minutes the entire game against Duke. I think we could probably find a few more minute than that on the court, and it would definitely make us a better team.

No argument about that. He would start at the 4 and probably have the same minutes as Devoe. We would be a better team. no argument.

His current skill set wouldn't answer the shooting woes we have and our offensive malaise. But I would take him in a south GA second.