CJ Leggett

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
What do you think eric?

I like Leggett, think he is a good prospect. He isn't a Custis talent IMO but he can be good. He can be in the 215 range...he is built solid.

I would think he has to start out at B back now...but I look for him to redshirt this year.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I like Leggett, think he is a good prospect. He isn't a Custis talent IMO but he can be good. He can be in the 215 range...he is built solid.

I would think he has to start out at B back now...but I look for him to redshirt this year.

I got this from another board;
"While Custis is 5’11"-6’0" & 210 lbs, depending on the source, Leggett is 5’10" 205 lbs. Leggett was clocked at 4.5 in the 40 to Custis’s 4.67. Custis graded out at 87 3* (247), 5.7 3* (Rivals) and 78 3* (ESPN). Legggett was 89 3* (247), 5.7 3* (Rivals) and 81 4* (ESPN)."

So Leggett actually graded out a tab better than Custis, although I agree my eyes tell me differently.

Just from judging off internet film it does appear that Leggett has better stop and go wriggle.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Bettis was just under 6'0. You are also using an exception as a rule.
Sorry, but my real point is he's a Yellow Jacket so I'm rooting for him to develop into a great player. He's already made a great choice in college choice and I don't understand the burning desire to insinuate he sucks before he ever he ever hits the field. How many of you all would have bet on Godhigh kicking ***? Joe Hamilton?

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
He doesn't have to be Jerome bettis either! If he is half as good as Jerome he will work in our offense

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Really good football players come in all sizes and there is plenty of evidence at all playing levels including the NFL and our own Tech history. There are way more important factors than height. Lets pull for Leggett's academic success and continued football development to reach his potential at this level. His height is out of his and our control.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Lets pull for Leggett's academic success and continued football development to reach his potential at this level.

This is another thing. I'm pretty sure he's not a special admit.
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-...r-rb-commits-georgia-tech-over-pitt-and-ucla/

"Leggett, who is ranked as 3-star in the 247sports.com composite rankings, said he wants to study medicine or business in college, with the goal of being an orthopedic surgeon. His father is a doctor, and his mother works as an attorney."

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry, but my real point is he's a Yellow Jacket so I'm rooting for him to develop into a great player. He's already made a great choice in college choice and I don't understand the burning desire to insinuate he sucks before he ever he ever hits the field. How many of you all would have bet on Godhigh kicking ***? Joe Hamilton?
You obviously did not read this thread from the beginning. I said he is not a b-back. Where in that statement you get that I said he sucks or can't play RB is a mystery to me. I think he will be a good a back.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Ray rice at 5'8.... that is laughable.

I have met him, he is 5'6 maybe.... Built like tank, but no where close to that tall.

Why are we talking about how tall running backs are again?
People, the discussion is about the size of BBacks not RBs. Read the whole thread before you jump in and argue a point that everyone already agrees with.

Buzz1965

Georgia Tech Fan
People may be surprised about this kid. Trey Mason was one that was very short in stature but progressed yearly and had a huge breakout year for Auburn. CJ could be that type.. All depends on his progress and work ethic

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
People, the discussion is about the size of BBacks not RBs. Read the whole thread before you jump in and argue a point that everyone already agrees with.

I know its hard to read context across the internet but that was what is called a Rhetorical question. It's meant to show the absurdity of the thread. A slight subtle jab at the whole premise of the original question.

Flame away nodawgs. I'm sure you have something funny for me to read.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
I know its hard to read context across the internet but that was what is called a Rhetorical question. It's meant to show the absurdity of the thread. A slight subtle jab at the whole premise of the original question.

So is CJ Leggett big enough to be a Bback? I say no. How Ray Rice can't play running back came out of that,...well that is pretty absurd.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow

So is CJ Leggett big enough to be a Bback? I say no. How Ray Rice can't play running back came out of that,...well that is pretty absurd.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
People, the discussion is about the size of BBacks not RBs.

I mean honestly how much of a difference do you expect there to be between the two? The BBack is a running back position. You're gonna argue over a couple of inches?