Chick-fil-A Kickoff Postgame Discussion

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
Eh. Not the kickers fault. Kid's a walk on fer cryin out loud. Two fumbles deep in UT territory hurt, with no turnovers from them. UT played a clean game.

Let the haters hate. We got ourselves a QB, and a Bback too. Tech's gonna win some games this year.

GravyTrain

Georgia Tech Fan
Even though the outcome didn't go our way, I am proud of the way the team played. We had our opportunities to put the game to bed but just didn't finish for whatever reason. We know what we need to work work on: special teams, defense (2nd half) and ball security. But man was that game exciting!

Excited about the Benson and Marshall combo moving forward. We got a hell of a QB in Marshall! I just hope both those guys can stay healthy.

Screw all these other Debbie Downer posts. Regroup and win next week. Go Jackets!!

northgajacket

Banned
I must be the only person not freaking out. I thought we were in for another 4-4 season. I fully believe we can make the ACCCG with TaQuan Marshall. Maybe get a little lucky against Clemson and we win an ACC Title and go to the Playoff (despite this loss).

We obviously need some special teams work for this all to happen. If this was an ACC game, I'd be pissed.

I'm not freaking out either, but the defence didn't play too well in the second half and OT.

Jmonty71

Banned
We fumbled 2 times. UT did not have any turnovers. Despite winning the TOP and chewing yards up, we loss. Because we gave the game away. No kicker. No defense, to come through when really needed. This adds up to a loss. The offense ran well. So, at least that was good to see. Roof still telegraphs blitzes so obvious, Stevie Wonder could see it coming. Still no disguising coverages. Shame. We actually looked good for a half. Then the D went to crap.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
This feels nothing like the '13 UGAg game. And this should not be the time for freaking out.

I saw a rookie BB ball out.

I saw a new starter at QB ball out, and not only that, he was unquestionably LEADING.

I saw an OL absolutely manhandle an SEC DL like we usually do in late season.

I saw a defense that got pressure, that laid licks, that showed some different looks. They got gassed and TN's talent started showing up.

Go to bed happy, guys. The loss sucks, but I enjoyed the heck out of watching this GT team play football again for the first time in 8 months!!!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If we can't win that game, I'm not sure we can win many games this year. Defense and special teams are embarrassing.

Defense got 5 three and outs and 7 stops out of 11 during regulation, and that included two drives for UT that started in our territory, and a couple others starting ~30-40 yard line. We lost because we had a ton of empty yards. We had something like 215 yards on 4 drives ending in turnovers or missed FGs. That's probably a 20 point swing if we just don't make those mistakes. But we did and so we lost.

Anyways, Benson is a player, and Marshall looked good, although carried it too much imo. OL also looked good. D looked improved for the most part until momentum swung back in UT's favor. Just too many big mistakes to overcome.