Chaney

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
This is unexpected, but good.... Do we know who is coaching WR's or do we still have a open slot? It might be weird having im work under Long and Weinke who he was over at Tennessee. All in all, happy with this news.

slugboy

Staff member
This is unexpected, but good.... Do we know who is coaching WR's or do we still have a open slot? It might be weird having im work under Long and Weinke who he was over at Tennessee. All in all, happy with this news.
Being an offensive analyst doesn’t mean that he’s reporting to Long — at least, not the way that some people think.
Saban uses Pete Jenkins as a consultant. He doesn’t coach the players but he does coach the coaches. Maybe this is similar

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Being an offensive analyst doesn’t mean that he’s reporting to Long — at least, not the way that some people think.
Saban uses Pete Jenkins as a consultant. He doesn’t coach the players but he does coach the coaches. Maybe this is similar
Thanks for the clarification there! It has been hard to be excited about this offseason but I will give CGC credit where credit is due. He has made some fairly good splash hires these past several months. I don't think many of us were expecting to get the type of coaches that we have managed to hire.

Let's all hope things improve this fall!

tatejohnson55

Georgia Tech Fan
they research and reviews statistics of an individual athlete or team to provide insights on the game and its players

JacketFan137

Banned
is this our first true analyst role?

this has been something you see big time SEC schools and factories with crazy budgets implementing so maybe this is a sign of things to come? don’t expect us to have some uga/bama staff with like 10 analysts but a few wouldn’t hurt

like i’ve said in another thread, this at least shows me people give a damn and are willing to spend some money. even if it’s a bad hire and he doesn’t improve us a whole lot i think the idea was in the right place

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
is this our first true analyst role?

this has been something you see big time SEC schools and factories with crazy budgets implementing so maybe this is a sign of things to come? don’t expect us to have some uga/bama staff with like 10 analysts but a few wouldn’t hurt

like i’ve said in another thread, this at least shows me people give a damn and are willing to spend some money. even if it’s a bad hire and he doesn’t improve us a whole lot i think the idea was in the right place

No

In name? Yes

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Pete Jenkins was my coach in high school ( Baker High ) was one mean SOB but a very good coach.