CGC Post Game Interview

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
“Coach, what did you tell your players at halftime?”

“I can’t tell you that because we keep that information sacred in our locker room because it is the holy fing grail of college football because we have the big 404 buildings in our backdrop”

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
“Coach, can you tell us about Jordan?” We don’t talk about injuries.
“Coach, can you tell us about today’s loss?” We don’t talk about football.
“Coach, what do you say to a team after a drubbing like this?” We don’t say anything. We pass out this week’s adidas swag and tell friends to visit the bookstore.

Thanks, Vespidae. I am honestly a little depressed about the possibility that we will lose division 1 football at GT if this goes on much longer, so some humor is appreciated. No matter what anyone on here wants to believe, the Institute is much closer to being a military academy than we are a football factory. For that reason, and in today's BIG $$ college football, we need a strategic advantage. We will not recruit our way out of this, but if the program survives, recruiting can get us back to where Chan had us, I guess. But, we better have some excellent game day coaching.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, Vespidae. I am honestly a little depressed about the possibility that we will lose division 1 football at GT if this goes on much longer, so some humor is appreciated. No matter what anyone on here wants to believe, the Institute is much closer to being a military academy than we are a football factory. For that reason, and in today's BIG $$ college football, we need a strategic advantage. We will not recruit our way out of this, but if the program survives, recruiting can get us back to where Chan had us, I guess. But, we better have some excellent game day coaching.

I graduated in 82. My seatmate graduated in 62. He said nothing has changed. Tech has always been outmatches, outsized, outspent. Dodd was the difference ... he was just a tactical magician.

Yes. Tech needs a game day coach to win. With a game philosophy to match.

We have no philosophy today. At least one I can discern.

The difference.....
in 1987 late into a bad season we had a terrible game and lost to Wake. Bobby Ross came into a press conference and apologized to the Tech fans. He took the blame. Then he got in his car and drove around 285 for two hours eating ice cream. When he was done he re-dedicated himself to the team. No excuses. We went 3-8 in 1988 but looked a lot better. The rest is history. CGC does not look or act like Bobby Ross. He should apologize for the travesty today and say that they have not coached the team well all season.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
He opened the press conference with something like “hats off to VT who is probably the most complete team we’ve faced since Temple”

He said complete roster. I mean they did play Clemson too. I think they pretty complete.

Anyway VT has hit their stride they drubbing teams right now. Fuente got them looking like Memphis in 15’.

Jmonty71

Banned
not much juice and waffle housing going on in this choo choo wreck

Having said that... still a big fan of CGC. It’s going to take a LOT more time than I anticipated

I'm not a fan of CGC. He has yet to show me that he is a good college football coach. I can't be a fan of some guy spewing BS out of his mouth and never backing it up. All I hear is someone trying to milk money out the school.

SJBryan

Georgia Tech Fan
I try not to get involved in some of the stupid stuff but if a recruit reads into all this banter like we do - no wonder we NEVER get players we want and talk about. Maybe he should own up to a loss like that and maybe he should quit referencing to Temple, but maybe he’s trying to remind you where the process is heading. I’m excited because they’re recruiting players at a different level meaning, in most cases, we’re not challenging Troy St or Tennessee St. for a RB or Offensive Lineman. We knew this season was going to be bad and 45-0 was not pretty but I don’t blame him about taking ownership over that cause frankly, Collins didn’t throw the pass from the end zone to the 10 right to VT for a pick 6. He didn’t over run plays to give lanes for Mack trucks to run thru. I’m sure at practice that worked on Kick Off returns and dropping the ball was not in the routine. Coaches can practice and Coach till they’re blue in the face but at some point, players have to play and frankly- our players quit playing when they got down. I’m sick of all the hype and stuff like that and I realize the Coach is the number one target but let’s be real, we wanted him to come in and turn around a program to elite College Football status with players that are doing the same thing as the previous Coach - quit when it got tough. I loved CPJ but when things were great, he was loving the dream and so were we but when things got figured out by the good teams, he got flustered, beating out small schools for those recruits got tougher and the spiral began. If you want him to stop talking about Temple, can we at least try as a fan base to quit talking about past coaches. We’re not Temple and he’s not those Coaches.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I try not to get involved in some of the stupid stuff but if a recruit reads into all this banter like we do - no wonder we NEVER get players we want and talk about. Maybe he should own up to a loss like that and maybe he should quit referencing to Temple, but maybe he’s trying to remind you where the process is heading. I’m excited because they’re recruiting players at a different level meaning, in most cases, we’re not challenging Troy St or Tennessee St. for a RB or Offensive Lineman. We knew this season was going to be bad and 45-0 was not pretty but I don’t blame him about taking ownership over that cause frankly, Collins didn’t throw the pass from the end zone to the 10 right to VT for a pick 6. He didn’t over run plays to give lanes for Mack trucks to run thru. I’m sure at practice that worked on Kick Off returns and dropping the ball was not in the routine. Coaches can practice and Coach till they’re blue in the face but at some point, players have to play and frankly- our players quit playing when they got down. I’m sick of all the hype and stuff like that and I realize the Coach is the number one target but let’s be real, we wanted him to come in and turn around a program to elite College Football status with players that are doing the same thing as the previous Coach - quit when it got tough. I loved CPJ but when things were great, he was loving the dream and so were we but when things got figured out by the good teams, he got flustered, beating out small schools for those recruits got tougher and the spiral began. If you want him to stop talking about Temple, can we at least try as a fan base to quit talking about past coaches. We’re not Temple and he’s not those Coaches.

The best thing Geoff could do is talk about “milestones and measures”.

Tell us what his goal is for this year ... is it recruiting? Is it penalties? Is is playing time? Is it S&C? Fans can stomach losses if it’s part of a larger plan that is being executed. Instead, we get “We don’t talk about that.”

I’m afraid Geoff is his own worst enemy right now. Talking hype and not talking to intelligent fans.

Everyone is venting. And will continue as long as there is a vacuum.

Animal02

Banned
The best thing Geoff could do is talk about “milestones and measures”.

Tell us what his goal is for this year ... is it recruiting? Is it penalties? Is is playing time? Is it S&C? Fans can stomach losses if it’s part of a larger plan that is being executed. Instead, we get “We don’t talk about that.”

I’m afraid Geoff is his own worst enemy right now. Talking hype and not talking to intelligent fans.

Everyone is venting. And will continue as long as there is a vacuum.
Every story I have ready about why recruits chose a particular school has had at the top or near the top.....HONESTY as a major factor. I haven't seen much out of the new coach....and I doubt that recruits will not see through the hype either.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Guys and gals, we are at a cross roads in determining if GT will ever be a significant player in P5 football ever again. We now have an AD, a head coach, and coaching staff that took on the challenge to rebuild our program knowing full well it would be a difficult task to say the least. We are all disappointed about this season, but if you love GT football, you will at least give these men a decent chance at a successful rebuild by giving your full support for the next 3 years, as that is how long this will take. If you can't do that, then I hope you at least STFU!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Every story I have ready about why recruits chose a particular school has had at the top or near the top.....HONESTY as a major factor. I haven't seen much out of the new coach....and I doubt that recruits will not see through the hype either.

The problem is this ... players want to play against their friends. Take 5 guys on a Georgia HS team that are being recruited. Two go to GA, one to Auburn and one to Florida. Does one go to Tech? No ... our opponents are too far away to draw any local fans in volume and he's playing against people he doesn't know, coaches included.

Pat Dye. Played at GA, coached at Bama, head coach at Auburn. Dooley. Played at Auburn, coached at Auburn, HC at GA. I could go on and on ... kids know the football history of the area and know BS when they hear it.

I hope I'm wrong. But I see this every day in West GA and East Alabama ... football is part of these kids' lives and they are pretty damn smart about it.