CGC on 929 this morning

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
The issue is that this topic is inherently about the intersection of sports and politics. So it's pretty much impossible to talk about the topic without tip-toeing the line or having such a superficial conversation that it's hardly worth the pixels and certainly not worth the time.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The issue is that this topic is inherently about the intersection of sports and politics. So it's pretty much impossible to talk about the topic without tip-toeing the line or having such a superficial conversation that it's hardly worth the pixels and certainly not worth the time.

It is NOT impossible to talk about at all. The only request is you take any political discussion into the political forums. This forum is for discussion related to GT football. The actions and media interactions of our FB coach fit this description. Discussions and personal opinions on the precipitating events do not. Those belong in the politics forum and you can see for yourself the opinions of your fellow GT fans on those events.

I have been on these GT message boards for a long time, almost from their inception. From the get go, I always thought letting people post their ideas and thoughts under a psuedonym wasn't the best course of action.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
The actions and media interactions of our FB coach fit this description. Discussions and personal opinions on the precipitating events do not. Those belong in the politics forum and you can see for yourself the opinions of your fellow GT fans on those events.

I have been on these GT message boards for a long time, almost from their inception. From the get go, I always thought letting people post their ideas and thoughts under a psuedonym wasn't the best course of action.

I disagree given the thread topic. It is hardly possible to discuss a political action taken by the coaching staff without discussing the politics a little bit. But whatever. :rolleyes:

I must admit, I'm curious why you have a pseudonym given your strong feelings on the subject. You clearly have thought a lot about the topic and I'd expect someone who has 'always thought' pseudonyms were bad would have long since lived up to the courage of their convictions and used their real names on the board. :confused:

The one thing this board always does is help me realize that some people must have worked really hard to get out of Tech.

GT_EE78

Banned
I disagree given the thread topic. It is hardly possible to discuss a political action taken by the coaching staff without discussing the politics a little bit. But whatever. :rolleyes:

I must admit, I'm curious why you have a pseudonym given your strong feelings on the subject. You clearly have thought a lot about the topic and I'd expect someone who has 'always thought' pseudonyms were bad would have long since lived up to the courage of their convictions and used their real names on the board. :confused:

The one thing this board always does is help me realize that some people must have worked really hard to get out of Tech.
and if you take the bait and go that forum you;ll be quickly banned for participating.LOL
I got out!!!!!

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Collins, Key, Choice, et al remind me of good parents. They love you, support you, communicate with you, encourage you, and build self confidence. They care about you equally off the field as on. And they also demand your best and insist you work hard...nothing is given to you.

They are hard asses but it comes from love and not just wanting to win. They want kids to reach their goals and be their best.

Now, will that translate to wins? Who can say. My guess is that it will. Recruit well, build a tight knit family that cares for and plays for each other, and coach 'em up. Build depth with competition and recruiting. Add heavy doses of fun to the hard work. Further in this age of increased transfers the individual love, care, support, and fun factor will help guys stay so they can develop.

May take some time though. Keep doing it right and keep building and I believe wins will be the byproduct.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

What political action has CGC taken? He posted this on Twitter:

What is political about that?
In the interview he said that with everything going on around the country he wanted to reach out to any of the players that might be going through "any kind of fear, any kind of anger, whatever the case may be". What is political about that?

I haven't seen CGC discuss who to vote for or what policies to implement. Discussing politics in this thread is not discussing what CGC said on the radio or on social media, it is ignoring CGC's statements of unity and support for his players and driving it into a discussion about politics.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

haha, this is probably the most succinct description of this board.

Though a visit to the “lounge” on this board would’ve given you a sneak peak..also Jacketsonline has been bananas recently as well.