CGC...Break the silent treatment: HC & DC

Animal02

Banned
I don’t blame CGC for starting with a clean slate, holding on to old coaches can definitely cause division within the team and coaching staff, just like the division we are experiencing here on the Tech forums. The recruits that committed to GT the school will stay regardless of the head coach, who recruited them, or the Off. scheme, the players or recruits not on board with it should follow their dreams elsewhere, they will be doing themselves and our program a favor in the longrun. Its CGC’s show to run, let him do it his way and lets wait to see how it works out.
I agree, however, I do not think it is right nor fair to the Players and fans to say we have to accept 2-3 years of "rebuilding" .I.e losing seasons just so the new coach can do things his way. I hope that both the coach and AD are better than that.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I agree, however, I do not think it is right nor fair to the Players and fans to say we have to accept 2-3 years of "rebuilding" .I.e losing seasons just so the new coach can do things his way. I hope that both the coach and AD are better than that.
Who said that?

Animal02

Banned
Well, there are people who believe the earth is flat. I think most expect some challenges during the transition but we have the players to compete with most of the teams we play if the new staff gets their buyin. I do think year 2 will be better than next season.
I agree....although others are predicting a much worse year 2.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I doubt we'll see significant decline in grad rate. I doubt we'll see a decline at all. That's an issue TStan has emphasized for GT athletics (not just football) and it's a large part of our recruiting pitch that graduate SAs with an elite degree. Former SAs have all said the same thing, GT gives SAs all the resources they need, it's up to them to show up and do it. People forget, coaches can monitor kids, but at the end of the day it's the academic support department that does all the heavy lifting, and it's the kids doing the work. None of that changes when CPJ is gone. In fact, CGC has made graduating SAs part of his recruiting pitch as well.
I totally agree with this. CGC will keep this grad rate/APR going. And CPJ is the one that totally turned this around from the CCG and COL eras. Over the last 50 years this has not been a constant. It is up to the AD and Coach to focus on this and then it is up to the SA. THWG.

To all on the board, thanks for the moderation and for us being Tech fans. Yes, I loved CPJ and his offense, and what he accomplished. I loved O'Leary for the same, Bobby Ross, heck I thought Curry was slowly turning a corner. I think that CGC will be a good coach for Tech because he comes in understanding our limitations and yes we have limitations. After reviewing what he did at Temple I am certain that we are not moving to the air raid. Heck he ran some straight up I formation, real throw back stuff.

Any way, let's discuss and believe in Georgia Tech. If you want to see back and forth arguing, just go read the Dawgrant....read about Justin Fields. Half their board thinks that Fromm should go....lol

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
To all on the board, thanks for the moderation and for us being Tech fans. Yes, I loved CPJ and his offense, and what he accomplished. I loved O'Leary for the same, Bobby Ross, heck I thought Curry was slowly turning a corner. I think that CGC will be a good coach for Tech because he comes in understanding our limitations and yes we have limitations. After reviewing what he did at Temple I am certain that we are not moving to the air raid. Heck he ran some straight up I formation, real throw back stuff.

Any way, let's discuss and believe in Georgia Tech. If you want to see back and forth arguing, just go read the Dawgrant....read about Justin Fields. Half their board thinks that Fromm should go....lol
So you can finally accept your option coach is done? Wow huge news

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
just making the point for all you CPJ haters. He is a 2 star. He may turn out to be great but you all said, change the offense and here come the 4 and 5 star players. And you all don't know ****.
He litteraly had 1 week to recruit a Tight End. The 4-5 Star tight ends are already commited to other schools. If your expectations were for Collins to land a 4-5 star tightend in one week then I’m not sure what to tell you. Here’s something for you though, since you wanna outlandishly put Collins recruiting ability in check already - Jamious Griffin. 4 star running back, supposedly a silent commit to GT, highest rated RB in 11 years, since Dwyer. Collins did it in one week. So yes, he is bringing in those 4 Stars because of his offense.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, Coach Collins is in charge now and he can hire any OC he wants.

I look forward to attending the Spring T-Day (or T-Night) game to find out which players have been moved to which positions, and to get some idea of the new offense and new defense. Should be fun!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
He litteraly had 1 week to recruit a Tight End. The 4-5 Star tight ends are already commited to other schools. If your expectations were for Collins to land a 4-5 star tightend in one week then I’m not sure what to tell you. Here’s something for you though, since you wanna outlandishly put Collins recruiting ability in check already - Jamious Griffin. 4 star running back, supposedly a silent commit to GT, highest rated RB in 11 years, since Dwyer. Collins did it in one week. So yes, he is bringing in those 4 Stars because of his offense.

Well now, that's some big news. Jamious Griffin is listed as an NC State hard commit. But he's a silent commit for us? Woo Hoo!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Collins is doing awesome work so far keeping our commits committed and landing some additions. Apparently all on his own to a large degree. Big props thus far.

I’m still concerned about the OC.

Maybe CGC will hire this guy who knows how to make the pieces we have work best. Coached at Navy and Georgia Southern ........