CGC...Break the silent treatment: HC & DC

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Is he going to actually wait till after Thursday Early signing period to say who his staff is?
What advantage is that to GT now that he has cleaned house. It's similar to the "you're gonna have to pass it before you can read it" treatment?
I would think the opposing coaches/recruiters would be saying "you don't even know who the OC or DC" is how do you know if you fit their systems?
Why won't he just rip the band aid off at Temple the way he did to the GT players/staff today? I am not sure understand it? Now he is busier than a one armed wall paper hanger trying to communicate with the recruits, radio shows, parent meetings, donor meetings, and building a staff? I wonder if this is the BEST way to go about wrapping up the early signing period? Curious move to want to do it all ALONE and if he's not alone then just drop the curtain and make your staff selections public.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
He doesnt want to crush his old school ok. Just as paul retiring when he did was to help tech.

Could it be just for once we have two good guys transitioning in an honorable manor the best way they no how?

I think so. Case and point. Collins informed our staff today. Not after the first signing. If a recruit was married to an old staff member they dont have to sign on 19 and can re open it up and sign later. And. I am sure temple now knows what they are dealing with and can manage a bit better

So much odd stuff i have read. We have had and will have a good dude at the helm

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
He doesnt want to crush his old school ok. Just as paul retiring when he did was to help tech.

Could it be just for once we have two good guys transitioning in an honorable manor the best way they no how?

I think so. Case and point. Collins informed our staff today. Not after the first signing. If a recruit was married to an old staff member they dont have to sign on 19 and can re open it up and sign later. And. I am sure temple now knows what they are dealing with and can manage a bit better

So much odd stuff i have read. We have had and will have a good dude at the helm
+1

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
He's said over and over that no hires are coming until after Temple's bowl game.
I think what he actually said was all of the Temple staff will coach the bowl game. He’s also said that announcements on hires will be coming after the signing period (assuming early period).

Probably wants recruits to decommit...we have like 16 rbs on roster. If we bring in another class of TO recruits it probably hurts us in the long run.

This is the kind of comment that makes me wonder if some of you know anything. 18 recruits, 8 are on defense, only 2 are running backs and one of them is TD Tony Amerson. 2 Qb's one that just won the state championship. All but one of these are CPJ and staff recruits. And we wonder why those of us that think highly of CPJ look down on you that don't.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Is he going to actually wait till after Thursday Early signing period to say who his staff is?
What advantage is that to GT now that he has cleaned house. It's similar to the "you're gonna have to pass it before you can read it" treatment?
I would think the opposing coaches/recruiters would be saying "you don't even know who the OC or DC" is how do you know if you fit their systems?
Why won't he just rip the band aid off at Temple the way he did to the GT players/staff today? I am not sure understand it? Now he is busier than a one armed wall paper hanger trying to communicate with the recruits, radio shows, parent meetings, donor meetings, and building a staff? I wonder if this is the BEST way to go about wrapping up the early signing period? Curious move to want to do it all ALONE and if he's not alone then just drop the curtain and make your staff selections public.

We are not players or parents. He did the best thing possible for his recruits, his team and GT.

We will know when it is important for us to know. People, after Eleven 50% years, can not handle anything but iiwii.

A new day awaits.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Also just thought I would throw this into the recruiting conversation, we just signed that tight end....a 2 star recruit out of New Jersey...I thought we were going to sign 4 and 5 stars recruits since CPJ didn't.......

From what I’ve just read about that TE from NJ, he just started playing football during his senior year in high school.

Another “project?”

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
My guess is that CGC has evaluated our current recruits and contacted those he fills can be helpful to what he plans to do. The ones that don’t fit into his plan have most likely been told of that also.

I dont know how you look at the style he has hinted at, as a recruit, and get upset by what you see or hear. If the philosophy is “attack” then I’m sure the bigger or more important recruits will stick to their verbals, regardless of the current coaches status, especially if those coaches are unemployed come signing time.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe this is 20ish years of following GT recruiting speaking but we shouldn't be looking for anyone to decommit. The one good thing about CPJ's offense is that he recruited athletes. Maybe the guys aren't tall receivers or traditional backs but we are still GT and I just don't believe that there are enough recruits and enough time to fill this class with other recruits.

Take that with the fact that we never have a full 85 on scholarship, I don't think it is necessary to have anyone decommit.

Anybody on here who thinks that those of us who liked Johnson put Johnson over Tech are totally FOS. For the past 11 years, like him or not, Paul Johnson WAS Georgia Tech. I hate like hell that he has retired, but he thought it was time, and I support him, just like I will FULLY support CCG. And for as long as CCG is here, he, like Johnson, WILL BE Georgia Tech.

Texas_Wreck53

Georgia Tech Fan
Anybody on here who thinks that those of us who liked Johnson put Johnson over Tech are totally FOS. For the past 11 years, like him or not, Paul Johnson WAS Georgia Tech. I hate like hell that he has retired, but he thought it was time, and I support him, just like I will FULLY support CCG. And for as long as CCG is here, he, like Johnson, WILL BE Georgia Tech.

Didn’t know Coach Chan Gailey (CCG) was back on the flats :D