Category 1 Hurricanes this weekend.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Bull Sh!t. Everyone wants to blame Hall. Danny is not working in a vacuum. He does not make pitching changes, or does not, not make pitching changes (yes I know that may be a double negative, but I'm not an English major, I'm a Mathematics/Engineering major - does the comma negate the double negative???) without consulting our pitching coach, who is currently Danny Borrell. So if you want to blame the coaches for players not doing their jobs, you should be blaming Borrell as well as Hall.
Blame Ramsey while you're at it.... 4 runs isn't enough to win college baseball games.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Also, since I wasn't watching, I don't know if Maxwell was warming up prior to Crawford getting hurt. If he wasn't able to get fully warm, that could have been why he was extra wild today, but I don't blame any of the coaches at all. Maxwell was the next in line to be brought in, he just didn't have it today for whatever reason.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
4 runs is enough when you get 7 shutout innings from your Freshmen starter. Hate to see that effort wasted, but what a boost if MGjr comes on.
My comment was sarcasm meant to point out the "team" didn't get it done. Other things could have been done to overcome the bad pitching inning. It has happened plenty this year. We're better than Miami & should have won the series. Disappointing. Today's one bad [pitching] inning was one of 27 this weekend.

Also, since I wasn't watching, I don't know if Maxwell was warming up prior to Crawford getting hurt. If he wasn't able to get fully warm, that could have been why he was extra wild today, but I don't blame any of the coaches at all. Maxwell was the next in line to be brought in, he just didn't have it today for whatever reason.

I think everyone watching the game noticed that Maxwell didn't have it by the time he loaded the bases except for maybe the coaches for some reason. Hall's the one in charge so any pitcher mismanagement ultimately falls on him.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think everyone watching the game noticed that Maxwell didn't have it by the time he loaded the bases except for maybe the coaches for some reason. Hall's the one in charge so any pitcher mismanagement ultimately falls on him.
Well, Maxwell has been doing stuff like that all year and finding ways out of his own mess though. Once he struck out the hitter after loading the bases, I figured that he'd find a way out of it with the lead still.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hey, some positives from the game. I'm done till Thursday in chat about the Slow Hook. That is only a piece of the game, pitchers need to throw hard to hit strikes, batter need to get on base and we need defense too.

No errors all weekend. Plus a bunch of good defensive plays.

We have a new "Sunday" starter in Grissom. He'll start next Saturday versus UNC. He pitched a hell of a game.

Hey, some positives from the game. I'm done till Thursday in chat about the Slow Hook. That is only a piece of the game, pitchers need to throw hard to hit strikes, batter need to get on base and we need defense too.

No errors all weekend. Plus a bunch of good defensive plays.

We have a new "Sunday" starter in Grissom. He'll start next Saturday versus UNC. He pitched a hell of a game.

From what i've been seeing from Archer, might we see Grissom on Friday?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I think Grissom is did better than Archer this last weekend. But doesn't really matter which day probably?
It might matter if unc is throwing their 2nd best pitcher on Friday.
This is something we don't discuss much... what is best rotation strategy on a weekend.
#1, #2, #3... or some other order. Or does it matter?

I tend to believe you're out-thinking it by not just putting best available out for each game... in order.

This is something we don't discuss much... what is best rotation strategy on a weekend.
#1, #2, #3... or some other order. Or does it matter?

I tend to believe you're out-thinking it by not just putting best available out for each game... in order.

The eye test says that Grissom is our second best starting pitcher. Archer hasn't looked solid since March.