Category 1 Hurricanes this weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Love the Category. Around here we get thunderstorms with that wind speed.

We aren't superstitious, but thank you for doing what works.

Anyone know if there will be any live video for the 3 games in Miami?

ACCNX as it's not on ACCN. No ABC type coverage if that's what you mean.

We have Wiley and maybe Jim Poole.

Deleted member 2897

It’s a good story line - they’re barely strong enough to register. Weak *** punks. Lets dunk on them.

10-4. Was just curious since tv is still listed as tba on Ramblinwreck and still no designation on theacc website. Thought they might be trying to pick between our series and fsu-clemson to put on ACCN.

10-4. Was just curious since tv is still listed as tba on Ramblinwreck and still no designation on theacc website. Thought they might be trying to pick between our series and fsu-clemson to put on ACCN.

We will be online only on ACCN Extra as GTNavyNuke already correctly told us. ACC Network picked clemson-fsu.

Screenshot_20210510-135402_Chrome.jpg

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I can “sometimes” watch ACCNX by accessing via ESPN and then my tv provider (youtubeTV). However, this past weekend that method didn’t work. The message was something like “this event is not available in your region” (never even asked me to sign in to my tv provider). Are there (archaic) blackout rules that apply to ACCNX? Is there a better way to access it than the ESPN App?

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I can “sometimes” watch ACCNX by accessing via ESPN and then my tv provider (youtubeTV). However, this past weekend that method didn’t work. The message was something like “this event is not available in your region” (never even asked me to sign in to my tv provider). Are there (archaic) blackout rules that apply to ACCNX? Is there a better way to access it than the ESPN App?
That is the way to do it, but it was on SportsSouth this past weekend, thus blacking it out on ESPN app.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Get a VPN (like NordVPN which I have) and set it to a server on the West Coast which isn't in a black out area. Works for me when that happens on football, baseball hasn't been a blackout problem here this year I don't think. But don't know since my default is to be on the VPN for increased security.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I live in Colorado and I was able to watch all three games on the ESPN app this weekend. It showed up as Bally Sports or something like that but the announcers were some lame SEC homer who constantly made erroneous statements about the game score, strike and ball counts, missed every time someone was pinch hit for, etc. The moron kept calling us the "Techsters". Who the hell ever calls us that? The color guy was former Clemson player Nick Green but I thought he did a good job staying neutral and actually added a lot of insight from his MLB playing days.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I live in Colorado and I was able to watch all three games on the ESPN app this weekend. It showed up as Bally Sports or something like that but the announcers were some lame SEC homer who constantly made erroneous statements about the game score, strike and ball counts, missed every time someone was pinch hit for, etc. The moron kept calling us the "Techsters". Who the hell ever calls us that? The color guy was former Clemson player Nick Green but I thought he did a good job staying neutral and actually added a lot of insight from his MLB playing days.

Need to listen to Wiley on WREK. Great part is you can be doing something else and have 5-10 seconds to get to the video.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Need to listen to Wiley on WREK. Great part is you can be doing something else and have 5-10 seconds to get to the video.
Wiley and Jim Poole are the best. Was it Jonathan Langley that was supposed to be doing the Saturday game with Wiley? I can't recall and didn't get to listen as I was visiting family down in NC.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I debated putting this in the Clempson game but decided to put it here as it shows what we can do.

Bottom of 4th, Clempy has given us one hit in the previous 3 innings. Then all hell breaks loose. Textbook college baseball. Of course, I had just flipped over to watch the strategic masterpiece Liege-Bastonge-Liege cycling race (Tadej won!!) and missed the inning live. So I had to go back and watch and record it. I e-mailed WREK and they don't have past recordings of the baseball games but are working to have them in the future. I would have loved to have synched the game recording without the ACCNX announcers and with Wiley announcing.

Warning this is a big file (500MB). Don't know how to make them smaller and not have jerky quality. https://www.mediafire.com/file/5pdu7q8o446l5n6/2021-05-10_Clempson_B4_Sunday_Game_7_runs.mp4/file

Anyway here's the play by play:
1620862103624.png

But that is dry so let's break it down for fun
  1. Gonzo's hit was up the center right by the pitcher who should have but didn't catch the ball. No error called, but pitchers aren't the greatest fielders.
  2. Malloy - nice single, pass the bat.
  3. Reid - double for our first two runs.
  4. Mound visit to let the reliever warm up. Remember we are in the B4th and the pitcher has been shutdown so far. Good coaching move.
  5. Jenkins - single but misplayed by CF to allow Reid to score on what otherwise could have been a close play at the plate. Great baserunning. Second could have, should have Clempsoning moment.
  6. Anderson - HR on hanging slider on 2-2 count. Had a hard hit foul before that. Pitcher is toast.
  7. Pitcher replaced.
  8. DeLeo - hard single.
  9. Wilhite - slow single to 3rd. Ninja DNA.
  10. Turley - BUNT (for @Squints ). Good bunt which resulted in a Clempy error on 3rd/1st throw/stop. The thing about the bunt in college baseball is that it stresses the defense. So there was the third Clempsoning moment. The best bunts are the ones the pitcher has to field; not only do they seem to commit a lot of errors, but it makes them think. Fabulous timing. And would have put two runners in scoring position with one out. As it was, bases loaded.
  11. Waddell - sac fly for a run and the first out of the inning. Oh yeah, just happened to take the lead 7-6 after being down 0-6.
  12. Gonzo - walk. Why not try and wear out the new pitcher & run up the count?
  13. Malloy - SO
  14. Reid - infield out.
Just amazing and so nice when we are doing it to someone else and it isn't happening to ourselves. I know it's only baseball, but this last weekend was amazing. Hope we keep it up with Miami. But it's baseball who knows?

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I do the same - when Wiley is on radio. Sometimes have to restart streams until getting radio ahead of video! Other kid is tough to listen to. Wiley is absolutely best play-by-play. Love Poole as color when we are blessed with his presence. Roddy Jones is also outstanding whenever we happen to get him on ESPN. The Bally Sports (former Fox Southeast) local blackouts stink and seem to only hurt the non-cable local fan base. Same issue with Braves games on a regular basis though I finally found a dependable way around that for Roku users. I have used VPN/laptop also but don't like the hassle factor watching from laptop cast to TV (Roku guy).

Deleted member 2897

I debated putting this in the Clempson game but decided to put it here as it shows what we can do.

Bottom of 4th, Clempy has given us one hit in the previous 3 innings. Then all hell breaks loose. Textbook college baseball. Of course, I had just flipped over to watch the strategic masterpiece Liege-Bastonge-Liege cycling race (Tadej won!!) and missed the inning live. So I had to go back and watch and record it. I e-mailed WREK and they don't have past recordings of the baseball games but are working to have them in the future. I would have loved to have synched the game recording without the ACCNX announcers and with Wiley announcing.

Warning this is a big file (500MB). Don't know how to make them smaller and not have jerky quality. https://www.mediafire.com/file/5pdu7q8o446l5n6/2021-05-10_Clempson_B4_Sunday_Game_7_runs.mp4/file

View attachment 10522

1. Gonzo's hit was up the center right by the pitcher who should have but didn't catch the ball. No error called, but pitchers aren't the greatest fielders.
  4. Mound visit to let the reliever warm up. Remember we are in the B4th and the pitcher has been shutdown so far. Good coaching move.
  5. Jenkins - single but misplayed by CF to allow Reid to score on what otherwise could have been a close play at the plate. Great baserunning. Second could have, should have Clempsoning moment.
  6. Anderson - HR on hanging slider on 2-2 count. Had a hard hit foul before that. Pitcher is toast.
  7. Pitcher replaced.
  8. DeLeo - hard single.
  10. Turley - BUNT (for @Squints ). Good bunt which resulted in a Clempy error on 3rd/1st throw/stop. The thing about the bunt in college baseball is that it stresses the defense. So there was the third Clempsoning moment. The best bunts are the ones the pitcher has to field; not only do they seem to commit a lot of errors, but it makes them think. Fabulous timing. And would have put two runners in scoring position with one out. As it was, bases loaded.
  11. Waddell - sac fly for a run and the first out of the inning. Oh yeah, just happened to take the lead 7-6 after being down 0-6.
  13. Malloy - SO
  14. Reid - infield out.
Just amazing and so nice when we are doing it to someone else and it isn't happening to ourselves. I know it's only baseball, but this last weekend was amazing. Hope we keep it up with Miami. But it's baseball who knows?

Thanks for sharing. I just watched the entire thing. 30 minutes to watch 1/2 of 1 single inning, LOL.

I said during the game we could have scored 10 runs that inning - I still feel that way. Yes Clempson Clempsoned, but we went through 10 batters with only 1 out and had scored 7 runs by that point. We had Justyn Henry-Malloy up to bad with only 1 out and a man on 2nd and 3rd. A single scores 2 more runs. But he struck out after swinging at a bad pitch after earlier watching a fat hanging ball on a first pitch strike. Then with 2 outs and men on 2nd and 3rd we get a hit that bounces off the pitcher directly to the short stop, who is able to field it and get the last out. If that ball doesn't ricochet directly at that angle and at that speed, we score another run and preserve another out. Oh well, it all worked out in the end!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 10522

7. Pitcher replaced.
  8. DeLeo - hard single.
  13. Malloy - SO
  14. Reid - infield out.
You left out the part about how 5 of those 7 hits in a row came with 2 strikes. Just an outstanding offensive inning.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Nuke, you can listen to the past weeks games by going to WREK's site and hovering over listen and clicking on Archive. You'll likely have to do a lot of fast-forwarding through other programs, e.g. for Saturday's game against Clemson you have to click on the 6AM stream. And then have to hit fast forward for every 1/2 hour until game time. But that's how I listen to games that I have missed due to travel or other obligations.