Category 1 Hurricanes this weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Did not win today :(

Yup, lost and it wasn't close. Worse than 3-10, Miami had 11 lob to our 5.

Really want the win today to win the series and move up in NCAA seeding.

Miami had lots of in-field hits and pitched better. Our overall hitting was low (.219) and we were getting lots of good contact. Winds were holding the ball in the park and Miami was playing small ball (pretty smart).

RISP for us was .333 which was better than overall.
1621161061954.png

Good news was we didn't have any errors! Malloy made an unconscious play to end the 4th with bases loaded. Laid full out to stop the ball and then threw a bullet to first from his knees. If someone else doesn't have it, I'll try and look for it this afternoon.

Bad news is Miami made great defensive plays too and had no errors.

Miami in 9.0 IP struck out 9 and only walked 2 with 1 hbp. 70% strike % is really good for Miami. We only walked 4 and 1 hbp but gave up 17 hits. Let's be clear though, Mannelly and Dal Smith did a great job relieving. Archer and Bartnicki are nowhere where they need to be for us going into the post-season and degrading. Archer and Bartnicki are throwing massive numbers of pitches to get outs. Now's when I would usually ***** about the Slow Hook on Archer and Bartnicki, but last night it didn't matter.

It wasn't our night.

1621161673367.png

1621161396701.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Miami is starting Jake Garland. Definitely hittable and last two outings have not been good. Hope the wind dies down and we can play some long ball.
1621162614432.png

Grissom is scheduled to start for us today. Don't expect many innings so it'll be a staff day of sorts. Hope Fast Hook is in the House.

Attachments

• 1621162376863.png
    1621162376863.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 4

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
........ perception is reality.........

Aaahhh a little Kant in the morning. Now back to grinding concrete - that is real.

"According to Kant, it is vital always to distinguish between the distinct realms of phenomena and noumena. Phenomena are the appearances, which constitute the our experience; noumena are the (presumed) things themselves, which constitute reality. All of our synthetic a priori judgments apply only to the phenomenal realm, not the noumenal. (It is only at this level, with respect to what we can experience, that we are justified in imposing the structure of our concepts onto the objects of our knowledge.) Since the thing in itself (Ding an sich) would by definition be entirely independent of our experience of it, we are utterly ignorant of the noumenal realm.

Thus, on Kant’s view, the most fundamental laws of nature, like the truths of mathematics, are knowable precisely because they make no effort to describe the world as it really is but rather prescribe the structure of the world as we experience it. By applying the pure forms of sensible intuition and the pure concepts of the understanding, we achieve a systematic view of the phenomenal realm but learn nothing of the noumenal realm. Math and science are certainly true of the phenomena; only metaphysics claims to instruct us about the noumena."

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Aaahhh a little Kant in the morning. Now back to grinding concrete - that is real.

"According to Kant, it is vital always to distinguish between the distinct realms of phenomena and noumena. Phenomena are the appearances, which constitute the our experience; noumena are the (presumed) things themselves, which constitute reality. All of our synthetic a priori judgments apply only to the phenomenal realm, not the noumenal. (It is only at this level, with respect to what we can experience, that we are justified in imposing the structure of our concepts onto the objects of our knowledge.) Since the thing in itself (Ding an sich) would by definition be entirely independent of our experience of it, we are utterly ignorant of the noumenal realm.

Thus, on Kant’s view, the most fundamental laws of nature, like the truths of mathematics, are knowable precisely because they make no effort to describe the world as it really is but rather prescribe the structure of the world as we experience it. By applying the pure forms of sensible intuition and the pure concepts of the understanding, we achieve a systematic view of the phenomenal realm but learn nothing of the noumenal realm. Math and science are certainly true of the phenomena; only metaphysics claims to instruct us about the noumena."
Confused Gary Coleman GIF

Deleted member 2897

Man, I saw we were leading the whole game and cruising towards a series win so I went to do some chores around the house. Checked back in later and saw another collapse. How many games with big leads in the second half of games have we lost? Sheesh.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Biggest loss today was Crawford injury. We are in more trouble pitching in the post season than before.

Many things contribute to a win or a loss. B7th was where Crawford got hurt and Maxwell got 1 out in 6 batters (7 if you count the one he took over from Crawford). Slow Hook. Huff came in and did fine, wish it had been earlier.

1621194132553.png

Deleted member 2897

Biggest loss today was Crawford injury. We are in more trouble pitching in the post season than before.

Many things contribute to a win or a loss. B7th was where Crawford got hurt and Maxwell got 1 out in 6 batters. Slow Hook. Huff came in and did fine, wish it had been earlier.

View attachment 10541

you look at these last two games with the crazy volume of infield hits in the injury when we were way up, and you just have to realize that for whatever reason, the baseball gods wanted to give the series to them.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe we can slug our way to some kind of post season success, but we just don’t have anywhere near the pitching to go anywhere. I expect we are going to have some roster turnover with pitchers for next year, with graduations, cuts, etc.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Many things contribute to a win or a loss. B7th was where Crawford got hurt and Maxwell got 1 out in 6 batters (7 if you count the one he took over from Crawford). Slow Hook. Huff came in and did fine, wish it had been earlier.

View attachment 10541
I wasn't able to watch. How bad was Crawford's injury?

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
With the success we have in recruiting , I think if we don’t win a regional in next 2,3 years that Hall should be fired , he’s done a ton of good things for GT & is probably the only coach on campus with a winning record vs the nad lickers but it’s ridiculous how often we blow it in the postseason & we’ve underachieved so far this year & I just don’t see how anyone could expect us to advance this year

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
This loss is squarely on the shoulders of slow hook Hall. I thought he had turned a corner this season on pitcher management but I guess not.
Bull Sh!t. Everyone wants to blame Hall. Danny is not working in a vacuum. He does not make pitching changes, or does not, not make pitching changes (yes I know that may be a double negative, but I'm not an English major, I'm a Mathematics/Engineering major - does the comma negate the double negative???) without consulting our pitching coach, who is currently Danny Borrell. So if you want to blame the coaches for players not doing their jobs, you should be blaming Borrell as well as Hall.