Can we flip any UGA commits due to loss of DC & OC?

You got it. Even if they are up to the rigors of Tech, they don't want to accept those rigors as part of their lives.

Rigors of Tech, blah blah blah, you guys sound like a broken record

Even your friggin' AD said in the local Media, that this mentality creates an unfair narrative that GT's academics are harder than they really are and serves no purpose to GT's athletics and paints GT in a negative light among recruits

IMHO, going against the AD's own heartfelt request repeatedly in a public forum is more worthy of the troll designation than anything that I've ever done (not that I've done anything) this repeated behavior done selfishly to stroke your academic egos is worthy of an automatic 1 week ban IMHO

But no, you'd rather name call, and get together and stroke each others egos that your version of GT fanhood is somehow better than everyone else's simply because you say so

"Everything at GT is the hardest, toughest in the history of mankind, at GT it ain't EARTH SCIENCE, it's a lab science, oooooh so hard, so STEM worthy, so rigorous, I'm getting wood just talking about academics right now"

That's exactly how you guys sound to normal people

Hey Mods, what kind of Rip is deserving for posters that constantly violate the requests made by our own AD TStan?

Inquiring minds want to know?

"Your?" Thanks for confirming that you are not actually a fan of OUR program.

If you and another guy work for the same boss and he ignores the boss and does something stupid, to emphasize his stupidity, you say why are you ignoring YOUR boss, rather why are you ignoring OUR boss

It's one of those usage, figure of speech type things, rather than an indication that he is NOT my AD also

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Sometimes it's hard not to break the rule about calling people names here...

Anyways, I don’t like giving uga credit for much but you have to respect the fact they know Jim Chaney is not worth $1.5mil/year. WTF is UT thinking?

decatur jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not agreeing with everything he said, or to the extent, but he (or she) is clearly a fan. Stop it.

We are going to have to disagree on this one. I have a hard time believing that someone can crap on the past 11 years that saw the Jackets play for multiple ACC Championships, play in 2 Orange Bowls, finish ranked in the Top 10, etc. is "clearly a fan." Now, if you had said "clearly hates the triple option," I could see that. All I am saying is that it appears that 99% of this board are fans that, while they may not be happy with the results, do not go out of their way to disparage one of the most successful coaches in our history or suggest that we "process" the players left in the system due to the coaching change. They also support every coach that we hire. Most of us remember the Bill Lewis years (yep, I typed it) and we hated what happened, but we didn't leave the program and then return to talk trash once he was let go. We wanted him to be as successful as Ross. Unfortunately he wasn't, and we moved on. Now Collins has an opportunity and I am going to support him the same way I supported CPJ, CCG, CGO, CBL, CBR, etc...

I will now return to lurking. I always appreciate the reminder of why I generally do not post anything. It's a no win situation.

Good day.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
We are going to have to disagree on this one.
I will now return to lurking. I always appreciate the reminder of why I generally do not post anything. It's a no win situation.

Good day.

I meant no offense. We can definitely disagree. Just hate to see it devolve to the "you're not a fan" BS.

I myself have been rethinking my posting on here more lately in down time, because it spurs my responding to certain people who quote me. So I understand.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes it's hard not to break the rule about calling people names here...

Anyways, I don’t like giving uga credit for much but you have to respect the fact they know Jim Chaney is not worth $1.5mil/year. WTF is UT thinking?
Everyone up here in Tennessee is happy with the hire from what if sounds like on 990 The Sports Animal in Knoxville;) Everyone believes that it's an improvement over the crap offense that Tyson Helton ran as OC in 2018:cigar:

Animal02

Banned
I meant no offense. We can definitely disagree. Just hate to see it devolve to the "you're not a fan" BS.

I myself have been rethinking my posting on here more lately in down time, because it spurs my responding to certain people who quote me. So I understand.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"
A fan would not stalk a recruit and try to convince him not to come to Tech........that is what the troll did.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow

Even your friggin' AD said in the local Media, that this mentality creates an unfair narrative that GT's academics are harder than they really are and serves no purpose to GT's athletics and paints GT in a negative light among recruits

IMHO, going against the AD's own heartfelt request repeatedly in a public forum is more worthy of the troll designation than anything that I've ever done (not that I've done anything) this repeated behavior done selfishly to stroke your academic egos is worthy of an automatic 1 week ban IMHO

But no, you'd rather name call, and get together and stroke each others egos that your version of GT fanhood is somehow better than everyone else's simply because you say so

"Everything at GT is the hardest, toughest in the history of mankind, at GT it ain't EARTH SCIENCE, it's a lab science, oooooh so hard, so STEM worthy, so rigorous, I'm getting wood just talking about academics right now"

That's exactly how you guys sound to normal people

Hey Mods, what kind of Rip is deserving for posters that constantly violate the requests made by our own AD TStan?

Inquiring minds want to know?

I agree with TStan that this mindset and narrative does negatively influence Tech's recruiting. However, I hope Collins and swing that idea to kids as an advantage like he has done for the fans. In the past 4-5 years, I can only think of two players who were deemed academically ineligible (Jabari Hunt Days and James Graham). I wonder if that is more of an indication of the kids we recruited, or more of an indication that Tech academics tracts that SA's take aren't what posters claim they are. However, if they are as bad as they sound, Collins can't simply ignore that fact and not speak of it. You can recruit top talent with exceptions all you want but they are no good to us if they can't stay eligible.

Full confession: I did not go to Tech, so I can't speak from a personal standpoint.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck

Even your friggin' AD said in the local Media, that this mentality creates an unfair narrative that GT's academics are harder than they really are and serves no purpose to GT's athletics and paints GT in a negative light among recruits.

Just going to add my own two cents since this really rubbed me the wrong way. So I apologize derailing the thread a bit.

In my time at Tech, there were multiple suicides. I’ve had a ton of friends who come into the school happy and ready to learn and then become depressed and overwhelmed. Ive seen several friends who I consider brilliant drop out due to not being able to handle what Tech’s classes give you. I’ve sat through classes and tests where I felt I had no business being there. To argue that the rigor is not as bad as it appears is unfortunately just not true.

Would my friends or myself feel easier if we were at a different school? Who can say. It’s impossible to tell. But I have seen this school defeat more people than I can count.

If the AD is arguing that the narrative is much worse than it is is just simply not true in the current tech environment.

Again, this is just from my experience.

Back to the thread on hand: if a commit wanted to go to uga, in the spirit of the rivalry, I wouldn’t believe they would have want to come here as well. I love seeing our current recruits saying to hell with Georgia when the dwags lose.

Animal02

Banned
I agree with TStan that this mindset and narrative does negatively influence Tech's recruiting. However, I hope Collins and swing that idea to kids as an advantage like he has done for the fans. In the past 4-5 years, I can only think of two players who were deemed academically ineligible (Jabari Hunt Days and James Graham). I wonder if that is more of an indication of the kids we recruited, or more of an indication that Tech academics tracts that SA's take aren't what posters claim they are. However, if they are as bad as they sound, Collins can't simply ignore that fact and not speak of it. You can recruit top talent with exceptions all you want but they are no good to us if they can't stay eligible.

Full confession: I did not go to Tech, so I can't speak from a personal standpoint.
While it has been many years since I escaped.....The academic rigors at Tech are pretty much as difficult as they are made out to be. If Collins thinks he can ignore that, especially in today's APR requirements, he is in for a rude awakening.