Can we flip any UGA commits due to loss of DC & OC?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Any chance that we can get any of the highly touted OL/DL early commitments from UGA since they have lost their DC and potentially their OC as well? Are the early signees able to be released "if wanted" from their initial early signings sighting changes in coaching or does it have to be the HC leaving to be released?
Just curious if it causes any of the RS players to leave or for any of their current roster players to decide to leave?
I am curious to see how Kirby weathers the storm of the rats jumping ship for bigger roles and more money? Will UGA persue Clemson's DC? Who does Kirby get?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Is the NCAA about to bring the hammer down on UGA? My friend, a UT fan said he was listening to a Tennessee sports radio show and they said the NCAA was coming down on an SEC school. Just weird that the OC is leaving and players are declaring early for the draft, when they might be low picks.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Is the NCAA about to bring the hammer down on UGA? My friend, a UT fan said he was listening to a Tennessee sports radio show and they said the NCAA was coming down on an SEC school. Just weird that the OC is leaving and players are declaring early for the draft, when they might be low picks.
Don't forget the weird Kirby to the NFL rumors too.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Honestly Jim Chaney I feel is a terrible in game play caller. UGA may make a big upgrade here.
not that it took much that day, but I thought Chaney did a great job against us back in November. Forced the tempo, and knew getting up on us quick would force us out of our game - even without their defense sitting on us.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Answer to OP: No. UGA only recruits 4 and 5 stars and I've been told 4 and 5 stars don't have the grades and don't have interest in doing classwork. (<-- sarcasm)

If UGA wanted to keep Chaney, they could have. It was probably a mutual understanding ala Ted Roof leaving for NC State.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, them losing their OC and DC won't have much effect, for us anyway. Like they say, Commit to the G, not commit to the OC or DC.
I think Tucker got all he was going to get going to Colorado. I don't think Chaney's presence or influence has that much to do with their recruiting.
Dell McGee, though ... different story.

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
According to The Athletic they may promote James Coley. Also said they may go after Tosh Lupoi for their DC. Would love to see Bama (or somebody) poach their OL coach Sam Pittman.

Kids go to the cesspool, because it's Georgia, and it's their "dream school," just like the RB from Augusta who flipped to the mutts at the last second several years ago because "I have always wanted to go to Georgia". The mania in the state of Georgia over the mutts is pretty much unstoppable, and sadly, it has extended even outside the state.

Deleted member 2897

Kirby “Smart” has lost 25% more games in his first 3 years than Mark Richt did. It is probably not worth working for the Dr Pepper spokesperson when you’re not winning.

Animal02

Banned
Kids go to the cesspool, because it's Georgia, and it's their "dream school," just like the RB from Augusta who flipped to the mutts at the last second several years ago because "I have always wanted to go to Georgia". The mania in the state of Georgia over the mutts is pretty much unstoppable, and sadly, it has extended even outside the state.
Besides the fact they can coast for 4-5 years as opposed to actually having to "play school"

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Maybe a little too late for the 2019 class but could be helpful early on for the 2020 class, but Georgia is Georgia and they will always dominate in recruiting. Collins shouldn’t be winning many if any head up Battles with UGA, it’s the teams like Tennessee, South Carolina, FSU, Kentucky, that Collins can’t lose instate talent too. If Collins is able to recruit the 2nd tier talent at a high level consistently he will have a top 20 class every year.
There’s no reason from now on for Tech not to sign a Top 5 RB, Top 5 WR, Top 5 OL, Top 10 QB from Georgia every year.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Jim Chaney at OC for Tennessee is a big step up from Tyson Helton in my opinion. Jim Chaney did a great job as OC at Tennessee from 2009-2012. Offense was never the problem under Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley.

He did a great job at ugag too, albeit with a ton of talent but the scored a ton of points seemingly at will on everybody except lsu this season