Calvin Tosses a Jab(?) at CPJ ???

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
I kind of wonder whether if CJ had come back whether CPJ would be our coach....Probably would've won 9+ games in 2009 with CJ (although debatable whether we would've beat UGA, probably not). I think a year of Taylor Bennett throwing to CJ would've taken some of the burden off of Choice.

I don't know that DRad could've fired him, especially since it appeared Gailey finally figured out how to recruit GT (and what he needed in the classroom).

And CJ was known for his blocking. We were a run heavy team with Gailey.
We probably would win a lot of games with a 3rd season NFL WR :cool:

I kind of wonder whether if CJ had come back whether CPJ would be our coach....Probably would've won 9+ games in 2009 with CJ (although debatable whether we would've beat UGA, probably not). I think a year of Taylor Bennett throwing to CJ would've taken some of the burden off of Choice.

I don't know that DRad could've fired him, especially since it appeared Gailey finally figured out how to recruit GT (and what he needed in the classroom).

And CJ was known for his blocking. We were a run heavy team with Gailey.
Even if Calvin had stayed for 4 years, he would not still have been playing in 2009. And since Gailey allowed Reggie to totally ignore him in the ACCG, I don't think Calvin would have stayed anyway.

And As I have said many times. For those pass heavy teams, remove the stats for pass plays that are bubble screens as to us we call that an option pitch. Or rather count our option pitch as a pass, now how many times a game do we throw the ball?

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
How good a blocker was Calvin Johnson? May be that he wouldn't block well enough to play for us now anyway! Different skill set needed now than when he was here. Maybe he wouldn't want us now, but on the other hand we maybe wouldn't want him. WR's with his skill set mostly don't like to block, and many just won't!!!
????

Milwaukee

Banned
And As I have said many times. For those pass heavy teams, remove the stats for pass plays that are bubble screens as to us we call that an option pitch. Or rather count our option pitch as a pass, now how many times a game do we throw the ball?

Not enough cause we don't pitch enough but your point is correct. Our pitch is equivalent to half the passes thrown in cfb today. Great point.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, in my youth we called it yanking your chain. I think the youth of today call it TIC, or something like that. It's a play off the players that turn us down these days, and then we have fans who will decide they don't fit our system. Or you know the players can't do math deal.
The ? to start with was dumb to me. The O we run isn't going to bring WR's like CJ, or AJ, JJ, DBJ , or even WR's whose last name doesn't end with a J, but have that type of skill level. If by chance we ended up with that type of talent at WR I would expect we would target him often. CJ was a great player for us, and by all accounts still loves Tech. However I would be very surprised if he was a HS Sr. this year that we would have a hat on the table at the end. I would hope we would, but have no expectations of getting another CJ anytime soon.
I could have made that first post, then left a TIC at the end, but wouldn't have been near as much fun. Really didn't take near the blowback I believed that post would bring. Makes me think most saw it for what it was. Still some interesting response.