Calvin Johnson retiring.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
b714df64105e274529b19197362bfe44.jpg

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Disappointing but understandable if it ends up happening. Will miss seeing him play. Wish he could have played for a contender before retirement

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
He's battled enough injuries as it is and is thinking "long run". Good for him, not just chasing a few (okay millions) of extra dollars when he knows he is financially set for life.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Techster

Helluva Engineer
http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lio...o-calvin-johnson-including-getting-his-degree

Best news of the day. He is coming back to finish his degree. Smart guy, his life's work may be his philanthropic foundation.

Damn hard to find heroes like CJ these days.

I hope he did some internships for a construction company during the offseason the last 9 years. I hear those construction management jobs are pretty competitive these days. Better have a good answer for the interviewers when they ask "So, why did it take you 9 years to graduate? What have you been doing since you left GT?" :)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I will hate the Detroit Lions for the rest of my life for wasting #21's career.
I grew up as a huge fan of Barry Sanders and still hold a grudge against them for what they did to him. I always feared Calvin would suffer the same fate under that horrible, horrible franchise, now it looks like that's coming true. If only the Raiders had drafted him instead of Jamarcus, except they probably wouldn't have been any better for him.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I grew up as a huge fan of Barry Sanders and still hold a grudge against them for what they did to him. I always feared Calvin would suffer the same fate under that horrible, horrible franchise, now it looks like that's coming true. If only the Raiders had drafted him instead of Jamarcus, except they probably wouldn't have been any better for him.
I agree. Must be rough being a Detroit fan, having 2 of the best of all times at their position retire "early".