BYU - Navy - GT

Techster

Helluva Engineer
From what I gather, the administration at BYU LOVES CKN...however, the fans and some big $$$ people aren't too enamored with the offense he will bring. They like passing the ball forward as opposed to pitching it sideways and backwards.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't know Ken N. is a Mormon.

I am an ex (backslid?) Mormon. Believe me, this would be Ken's dream job. Urban Meyer to the third power. If the BYU admin wants to make this work, it would be absolutely awesome to Ken and his family.

Razor Ramon

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm really hoping when the time comes and CPJ retires or moves on we hire Ken N. This offense is or a similar form of it is our best shot to compete with the "big boys". Where ever Ken N is coaching at that time I hope MBob or whomever is running the athletic Dept takes a serious look at him.
I was about to say the same thing.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Depends on what the university prioritizes.

A university should prioritize first and make the hiring decision based on those priorities. Once he's hired, it's the coaches show to run as he pleases. Hiring a coach and then dictating how he coaches is a good way to ensure you'll be looking for another coach in the near future. If you don't trust your people, get new people, but an AD who dictates how his coaches coach is no AD I'd want running our program.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Having the University Officials telling a coach how and who is like having politicians telling you how to run a war (review Vietnam War history for those don't get the gist... )

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well played sir!
I was about to post the same thing. Indeed.
Sewak might be an interesting HC for Navy.
Nah. First the coach whose name I can't pronounce -- apparently Johnson couldn't either to hear them talk -- isn't going anywhere. And if he did Ivin Jasper, the spread option OC guru has been waiting patiently in the wings for his chance. (As an aside the Army-Navy game will be interesting, if only to see how far Monken has come in rebuilding Army in the option image. Record not so hot, so we'll see.)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Having the University Officials telling a coach how and who is like having politicians telling you how to run a war (review Vietnam War history for those don't get the gist... )
Yeah, well. Another place, perhaps, but Westy lost that one pretty much on his on, though anybody would have.