Butt Kicker did it again!!!

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate uga the most. Patriots the second most. Depressing night. **** kraft and brady and the merry bunch of cheaters and rigged nfl. Its so fixed. Not just referring to tonight. But a long list of fixed.
The nfl is less rigged than the NBA and college football. Worst team gets the best pick and play the worst teams in the two other conference divisions. Salary cap. That’s not to say I like the patriots, it’s just to say that any coach/franchise with that kind of sustained success is really good.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
NFL OT rules are trash and I hate the Patriots, but KC lost fair and square. Mahomes is fun to watch, though and I was thrilled at how well Butker and Mason played on the big stage.

I’ll also add I never thought I’d cheer for Todd Gurley getting into the end zone, but my hatred for the Saints knows no boundaries.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The Chiefs offense is fun to watch...and Mahomes makes some ridiculous plays. It's a shame he won't be showcased at the Super Bowl along with the LA Ram's offense. They met earlier in the year and it was probably the most entertaining NFL game I've watched in a while...even if no defense was being played lol

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
The Chiefs offense is fun to watch...and Mahomes makes some ridiculous plays. It's a shame he won't be showcased at the Super Bowl along with the LA Ram's offense. They met earlier in the year and it was probably the most entertaining NFL game I've watched in a while...even if no defense was being played lol
The most enjoyable part of this nfl season has been watching the emergence of a new wave of great teams and players. Ive grown tired of watching the same teams and players every year.

Unfortunately, we have another patriots SB. But the national narrative is changing. Brees, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers will prob be out of the NFL in a couple of years. Rodgers will probably play another 5 or so years. What won’t change: poorly run front offices (Bills, Jets, Dolphins, etc.) can still expect to suck.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The most enjoyable part of this nfl season has been watching the emergence of a new wave of great teams and players. Ive grown tired of watching the same teams and players every year.

Unfortunately, we have another patriots SB. But the national narrative is changing. Brees, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers will prob be out of the NFL in a couple of years. Rodgers will probably play another 5 or so years. What won’t change: poorly run front offices (Bills, Jets, Dolphins, etc.) can still expect to suck.

You know why you keep seeing the Patriots? It's because Belichek constantly evolves and uses offensive/defensive concepts from all levels of football. The guy is constantly learning and seeking new information. He's an asshat, but the Belichek is humble when it comes to learning the game. That's why he was at Navy's program all those years ago learning about CPJ's system even though he was never going to use it...he wanted to know why it worked so well, learn the blocking schemes, learn how to defend it.

The Patriots offense uses Air Raid/RPO/Spread/RnS schemes. It's actually pretty fascinating to watch. They are very subtle with what they do and they don't advertise it. They constantly draft players with new schemes in mind...that's why they don't care if a 1,000 yard receiver or RB is let go after the season. They know they're gonna work with new schemes next season and that productive player might not be as valuable.

Hate the Pats, but man you have to admire how they've stayed ahead of the curve all these years.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
You know why you keep seeing the Patriots? It's because Belichek constantly evolves and uses offensive/defensive concepts from all levels of football. The guy is constantly learning and seeking new information. He's an asshat, but the Belichek is humble when it comes to learning the game. That's why he was at Navy's program all those years ago learning about CPJ's system even though he was never going to use it...he wanted to know why it worked so well, learn the blocking schemes, learn how to defend it.

The Patriots offense uses Air Raid/RPO/Spread/RnS schemes. It's actually pretty fascinating to watch. They are very subtle with what they do and they don't advertise it. They constantly draft players with new schemes in mind...that's why they don't care if a 1,000 yard receiver or RB is let go after the season. They know they're gonna work with new schemes next season and that productive player might not be as valuable.

Hate the Pats, but man you have to admire how they've stayed ahead of the curve all these years.
Yep. Belicheck is also a huge Navy fan because his dad coached there. Plus, people respect Paul’s football IQ and the way he coaches run blocking

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I never have understood this. If the NFL was rigging anything, it would have been for a KC-LA rematch in the super bowl because that would have shattered all viewership records. The missed call in the Saints game was terrible but at the end of the day, they settled for too many FG’s, let LA drive down the field to tie it, and turned the ball over first possession in OT.

The bad roughing the passer call against KC was awful but so was the obvious pick play that gave KC the go ahead TD. Brady just continues to be incredible. 3/3 on 3rd and 10’s that drive in OT. You can see it in his eyes when he locks in, he’s not being stopped by the defense. He was damn near perfect from the 4th Q on. 2 failed rushing attempts on 4th and 1 and a dropped pass turned INT was the only thing that stopped him. Nearly another dropped pass turned INT would have probably sealed it if Dee Ford doesn’t line up offsides.
Yeah if it was rigged you’d see the Steelers and the Cowboys in every other super bowl.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Calm down. The Patriots doubled up the Chiefs on first downs and number of offensive plays. They also nearly doubled them up on yards. The refs didn't do that. The picks kept it close, but it was the Pats game to lose. I'm awfully proud of both GT players who participated in the game. Shaq can block any human on the planet in the run game. There was a ton of pressure on Butt-kicker on that last FG. The frigid weather, wind, and moment were all huge factors and he made it look like a two foot putt.

56JacketDE

GT Athlete
nice kick by harrison, unfortunately, brady was on the other team.

Ask the saints how much winning the toin coss in OT guarantees a victory. Does the OT rule need to be fixed, I think so but a coin toss loss is not automatic win for the coin toss winner.

Brady, Belicheick, and the Pats are all polarizing figures because I guess... "It is windy at the top."

13 0f his 17 seasons he has played in the AFC Championship Game...think about that. Made it to the "Final 4"13 of 17 seasons.. It is absurd.
I seriously doubt anyone ever comes close to that

I just respect the guy because he was never the most talented but he just keeps winning

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
nice kick by harrison, unfortunately, brady was on the other team.

Ask the saints how much winning the toin coss in OT guarantees a victory. Does the OT rule need to be fixed, I think so but a coin toss loss is not automatic win for the coin toss winner.

Brady, Belicheick, and the Pats are all polarizing figures because I guess... "It is windy at the top."

13 0f his 17 seasons he has played in the AFC Championship Game...think about that. Made it to the "Final 4"13 of 17 seasons.. It is absurd.
I seriously doubt anyone ever comes close to that

I just respect the guy because he was never the most talented but he just keeps winning

It really is amazing - the only 2 things I think I can compare Brady's run to would be the UCLA Bruins (Wooden years) and the Boston Celtics of 1960s. But, in the case of UCLA, they had some major great players, and in the case of the Celtics, the number of NBA teams was very minimal, and again, they kept a group of special players together for a long time.

In Brady's case, he has done it with a hodge podge of role players, and in a league that is designed to force parity and make repeating very difficult through tougher scheduling for teams that have success. I think Brady really has been helped by some coaches that were generally better than their counterparts on other teams. Andy Reid is a pretty good coach, but he was out-coached last night.

I agree with you that I seriously doubt we will ever see anything like 13 of 17 final four appearances in the NFL ever again by one QB or one team.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
It really is amazing - the only 2 things I think I can compare Brady's run to would be the UCLA Bruins (Wooden years) and the Boston Celtics of 1960s. But, in the case of UCLA, they had some major great players, and in the case of the Celtics, the number of NBA teams was very minimal, and again, they kept a group of special players together for a long time.

In Brady's case, he has done it with a hodge podge of role players, and in a league that is designed to force parity and make repeating very difficult through tougher scheduling for teams that have success. I think Brady really has been helped by some coaches that were generally better than their counterparts on other teams. Andy Reid is a pretty good coach, but he was out-coached last night.

I agree with you that I seriously doubt we will ever see anything like 13 of 17 final four appearances in the NFL ever again by one QB or one team.
The Lakers of the 1980s were in the territory also