Butt Hurt - MSU style

niel9533

Georgia Tech Fan
What I am very amused by in the reactions posted from MSU fans in this thread is that it kind of takes me back to experience afresh what it is like to watch a fan base be exposed to Tech under CPJ and his offense just owning them with smashmouth up the gut football.

In the Reddit thread you could see how FSU and Clemson fans, and even (albeit more slowly) UGA fans are starting to gain some perspective and respect for Tech's offense. So it is really amusing to read the shock and consternation and bewilderment from more newly exposed fanbases to the soul crushing punishment and pain that can come from the spread option Tech offense when executed at a high level of precision.

To me it's a case of them believing the 'story' that with more than a week to prepare, anyone can beat this 3-O thing... We hear that constantly. They are about to play us, hear it leading up to the game on ESecPN, and of course they believe it....so their defense must have screwed the pooch having allowed us to run all over them.

After all, the ESecPN analysts told them it would be easy! I enjoyed watching Lou talk up the 3-O and Justin prior to the game - the other guy said, no no - with this much time to prepare, and the physical nature of MSUs front seven, Tech won't have a chance...
I LOVE IT!!! Go Jackets!! THWG!!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
In the "Were GT players faking injury" thread, one mutt said ...

Prob legit because of the humidity down there....or because their legs hurt from kicking our *** at a high rate of speed

Lolololol

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone else get a certain sadistic joy from that series where CPJ ran the belly dive four straight times (to Mason's side) with Synjyn, then continued to do the same thing with Laskey after Days subbed? CPJ pretty much said to MSU's defense and Mullen "We own you tonight, and I'm not hiding it." We flat manhandled them in the second half.

I literally laughing out loud last night on that series.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
That site is comedy gold.... Wish I had known about it during the game. Those fans are truly miserable...

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I love this one:

Sitting here in SunLife watching this.....
The ncaa has to go a universal officiating crew. They just called the first chop block penalty at end of game. What a joke. I don't know what conference these clowns are from but I'd guess Big12. Been bias all night. Even though we have sucked. All calls have gone against us.

chop block myth continues. OBTW the "fumble" call was not against you.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
and this one:

Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg
still pissed about the onside kick. All we need is a stop to get a chance to change the game. this "strategy" negates that opportunity.

reply - Do you honestly think we could stop them? We couldn't stop them with 15 players much less 11

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
"Pshh. It isn't hard to stop a ****ing fullback dive. I could have gotten it done. S***, I don't understand how our players didn't get it done themselves. What a ****ing joke.
Paul Johnson probably thinks we are the most idiotic team of the SEC, and I don't blame him."

"Hey guess what.... If it's 3rd and short it's a dive!!!!!!!! ****ing seriously"

"This s*** has pissed me off more than any of our other losses this season. We had a ****ing month to prepare for the triple option, and we get beat by a ****ing dive play?!
Are you ****ing kidding me!?Just damn. I can't understand it."
Well, the language is probably indicative of the fan base but I understand their frustration. However, those more informed would tell them that it is not just a dive play. There are multiple blocking schemes involved so no you could not have stopped it by yourself unless you care to face "Mr. Mason" one on one. How bout those apples?

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
One of my favorite aspects to our offense is how frustrating it is to opposing defenses (and their fans) when its rolling. People love to knock it till it kicks their arse.
Someone get us the still shot/screen shot of that MSU fan with his mouth agape in shock after Synjyn's 69 yard run. That was priceless. It matches the tone of many of these reactions from their fans and reminds me of the crying Clemson kid from back in the day and that painted up bald-headed Dawg fan from 2008.

The amusement value in bewildered "what just happened to us?" fanbases makes me feel "young" again; like it is 2008-09 all over as far as the future of the Tech program feeling very bright.

SavannahBee

Georgia Tech Fan
Just spent the afternoon rewarding the 3rd and 4th quarters. A thing of absolute beauty. CPJ's offense executed like it has always been intended.

Gonna have to queue that up at work as a stress reliever whenever necessary.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Or these:

why why why can we not stop a simple dive dammit

They have literally destroyed us with one play. One.

Am I still an asshat for saying we should be concerned about GaTech?

We have been destroyed by the dive. The dive.

See, it really doesn't matter where on the field the GT offense starts.

If I wanted to watch this, I would have not flushed the toilet earlier and stared into it for 4 hours

jacket fan in dairyland

Jolly Good Fellow
Not that this is anything profound, but a HUGE difference this year is that our opponents cannot stop the dive. I first noticed this in the Clemson game this year. In year's past we were continually facing 3rd and 8 it seemed. This year, we get 3-4 yds on 1st, the same on 2nd ( if not more ) and opposing defenses are powerless to stop it. If they put 7-8 in the box, we will pass it for yardage. Very, very hard for the DC to scheme against us now. My hats off to : the players for working hard and committing to the coaches and their teammates ; adopting a never quit attitude ; CPJ for constantly acknowledging the player's hard work ; the conditioning coach ; Rev. Moore; Coaches on both sides of the ball for best utilizing the talent they have and "coaching up " many players. Even better times may be on the horizon gentlemen and ladies. Wear all your Tech apparel with pride , every chance you get !

MSUbulldog

Georgia Tech Fan
Unlike a lot of bandwagon reprobates with access to a keyboard, true followers of MSU football weren't surprised by GT last night. When ran almost flawlessly, GT's offense has the ability to dominate any FBS team on any given night. However, what impressed(and somewhat shocked) me the most was GT's red zone and short yardage defense. Coupled with PJ's ability to counter the defensive adjustments made by Mullen's staff, my bulldogs were simply outplayed. My hat's off to your program. Don't let a handful of idiots lead you to believe that ALL of us thought this game would be a cake walk. From a REAL bulldog and college football fan, great game GT and congratulations on an exceptional season. Go to hell Ole Miss!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Unlike a lot of bandwagon reprobates with access to a keyboard, true followers of MSU football weren't surprised by GT last night. When ran almost flawlessly, GT's offense has the ability to dominate any FBS team on any given night. However, what impressed(and somewhat shocked) me the most was GT's red zone and short yardage defense. Coupled with PJ's ability to counter the defensive adjustments made by Mullen's staff, my bulldogs were simply outplayed. My hat's off to your program. Don't let a handful of idiots lead you to believe that ALL of us thought this game would be a cake walk. From a REAL bulldog and college football fan, great game GT and congratulations on an exceptional season. Go to hell Ole Miss!

Now that was a classy post.