Butker to the Super Bowl

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
How much can Calvin "help out" in practice without being a designated Coach?

weve had discussion re the factories an their gaggle of helpers. one poster claimed he counted almost as many orange shirted helpers on the clemson sideline as players. one helper for every player.

meanwhile up until recently we had 2. we are now up to 8 i think.

i am unclear as to the exact rules but what ever they are we can do better. wayway wayyyy better

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
weve had discussion re the factories an their gaggle of helpers. one poster claimed he counted almost as many orange shirted helpers on the clemson sideline as players. one helper for every player.

meanwhile up until recently we had 2. we are now up to 8 i think.

i am unclear as to the exact rules but what ever they are we can do better. wayway wayyyy better
All it really takes is $.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
All it really takes is $.

not really. you dont think there are a ton of students or alum who would donate their time for the opportunity to stand on the sidelines during a game?

when i went to tosu in the late 60. they had hundreds of kids who lived in the stadium dorm that did all kinds of things for free

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Happy for Butker and will cheer for him and the Chiefs to win it all!! He is such a great representation of The Institute! THWG and all their classless idiot fans!! Calvin does have his degree, he came back and fished after retiring. Would be awesome to get him on staff but do we have that in the budget? [emoji2368]

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Noticed Butker had a captain's patch on his jersey the other day. That's cool.

Also, maybe TC can work on Calvin helping out with the wr's
You know it is possible, and I am not making any claim here, but it is possible that Calvin Johnson had so much native talent that he is one of those former greats who got it all done on ability and can't teach a lick. We always assume the greats are natural teachers, but very few are. It is so easy for them they can't identify with those for whom it is all labor.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Happy for Butker and will cheer for him and the Chiefs to win it all!! He is such a great representation of The Institute! THWG and all their classless idiot fans!! Calvin does have his degree, he came back and fished after retiring. Would be awesome to get him on staff but do we have that in the budget? [emoji2368]
Does Calvin really need the money? He could be a lot of help to the WR coach as a Grad Asst.

GTRules

Georgia Tech Fan
Buttkicker.

F9776836-417B-44DB-A8DE-AA98EE6C7AC5.jpeg

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Does Calvin really need the money? He could be a lot of help to the WR coach as a Grad Asst.

I don’t think the question is does he need the money, I mean if he has a GT degree why would he work for free? I don’t know, maybe he would. [emoji2368]

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think the question is does he need the money, I mean if he has a GT degree why would he work for free? I don’t know, maybe he would. [emoji2368]

Calvin still needs to finish up, he was planning on doing it but then did dancing with the stars instead I can't remember if he's got around to do it yet with his business venture.

So technically he can't grad assist until he's a grad. He could actually be a student Assistant liek AJ gray was.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. I'll have to show this to my mother. She and Harrison's G-mom are BBF's and my mom jokingly claims to have helped "recruit" Harrison to GT when he was a HS senior.

Just make sure she hasn’t donated to Tech, otherwise she’s a booster and we’ll get the death penalty over a casserole!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

If the game is close, Butker is ready. The Chiefs are one-point favorites to win.

“A realistic situation would be a 41-yarder from the left hash,” Butker said. “We’ll see if that happens. We’ll see how the field is. How the weather is. How the temperature it. Pregame, I’ll get a feel for how far that can be. My guess is probably something from 65 (yards) on in, if we really needed it.”