Bubba Blackburn MIA

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Pe’je Harris is hurt. Hasn’t been available for pitt or Duke.
Benson and Harris are the vertical threat TE group.
Leonard and Ward are the more of the blocking type TE group.

Pe'je being out hurt is noticeable with the other TE dropping passes. We seem to have a large number of people hurt (fortunately not seeing them in slings, hobbling, or on crutches). At the Duke game when the players ran on the field they were followed by two large groups in navy sweatpants, jerseys, and no pads. Some were probably walkons not allowed to dress but there seemed to be way more not dressed to play than normal. Maybe the new more physical practices have temporarily caused some dings and things will normalize soon. Any insights?

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Pe'je being out hurt is noticeable with the other TE dropping passes. We seem to have a large number of people hurt (fortunately not seeing them in slings, hobbling, or on crutches). At the Duke game when the players ran on the field they were followed by two large groups in navy sweatpants, jerseys, and no pads. Some were probably walkons not allowed to dress but there seemed to be way more not dressed to play than normal. Maybe the new more physical practices have temporarily caused some dings and things will normalize soon. Any insights?
Majority of those players were walkons or guys simply not dressing out. Off the top of my head, Pe’je harris, Dj Moore, Khatavian Franks are notable scholarship players not dressing out the past few weeks. We have an absurd amount of walkons so it always makes the number look higher then what it really is.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
We have an absurd amount of walkons so it always makes the number look higher then what it really is.
We do? I didn't realize we have more walkons than normal? Is that because we have small class sizes and net negative in the portal?

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we're seeing more use with Leonard because he's more effective, therefore Long is going to him more. Leonard was hurt in the beginning.
I haven't been keying on our TE's when watching but it seems everytime I notice Benson it's a missed block, penalty or dropped pass. Leonard seems better all around from the admittedly limited time I've focused on our TE's...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I haven't been keying on our TE's when watching but it seems everytime I notice Benson it's a missed block, penalty or dropped pass. Leonard seems better all around from the admittedly limited time I've focused on our TE's...
Leonard
Back a month
When he was injured - he had a pulled Achilles. In hs he had same issue in other leg. Per parent - The trainers loosed up some low back muscles that they think was contributing to this. Slow recovery but now should be good to go full blast.

Benson- seems to be just a step off. But UVA could just what he needs

[Of the teams we have faced like Clem, Ole miss, ucf , Pitt, the tight ends have had to go up against some pretty senior Players ]

Last edited: