Bubba Blackburn MIA

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I swore getting a picture of him on Grant Field would have been like trying to pose with Sasquatch, but then there he was catching a TD!
Given 1# by collins without ever playing a down .

WILL HE BE THE GUY THAT OPENS UP EVERY BODY ELSE.
"If he has single coverage by anyone thats not all acc, he is the hot route."

If he is , then ga tech can have nice things.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Great debut. Loved the sideline reaction too after his TD.

Also could have stacked another TD if he had kept running his go-route full speed on the opening possession (imo). Sims was on point throwing darts and his young receivers left some plays on the field. Good news - room for improvement.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Great debut. Loved the sideline reaction too after his TD.

Also could have stacked another TD if he had kept running his go-route full speed on the opening possession (imo). Sims was on point throwing darts and his young receivers left some plays on the field. Good news - room for improvement.
Yes he absolutely would have scored had he not slowed down for some reason. The only thing I can think of is that he lost it in the sun and misjudged it because he really was looking straight into the sun over his left shoulder.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes he absolutely would have scored had he not slowed down for some reason. The only thing I can think of is that he lost it in the sun and misjudged it because he really was looking straight into the sun over his left shoulder.
My guess is inexperience, although you see veteran receivers make the same mistake. Next time he will trust Jeff to cut it loose when he is running free. You can always make an adjustment if the ball is slightly underthrown - he looked pretty good doing this!!

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
My guess is inexperience, although you see veteran receivers make the same mistake. Next time he will trust Jeff to cut it loose when he is running free. You can always make an adjustment if the ball is slightly underthrown - he looked pretty good doing this!!
Knocking off the "rust" maybe. Think you guys are right, he changes our offense, can the addition of Moore also make a difference in how folks have to defend us? When does he get back?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good suggestion. Right now we need some help at our weakest position, TE.

Jenkins should really move to TE. IMO, he's a future NFL guy at TE. According to @GaTech4ever , Jenkins is currently the best blocking WR in college. That's what we need at TE with some of our running schemes and pass protection schemes (our TEs are some of the worst pass blockers at TE in the NCAA), and playing TE would give him a much more favorable matchup against LBs and safeties than he would get at WR. Physically, Jenkins looks the part of the modern day TE.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Jenkins should really move to TE. IMO, he's a future NFL guy at TE. According to @GaTech4ever , Jenkins is currently the best blocking WR in college. That's what we need at TE with some of our running schemes and pass protection schemes (our TEs are some of the worst pass blockers at TE in the NCAA), and playing TE would give him a much more favorable matchup against LBs and safeties than he would get at WR. Physically, Jenkins looks the part of the modern day TE.
This seems like an inevitability

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Good suggestion. Right now we need some help at our weakest position, TE.
I just got around to watching the replay of the game and saw Benson's drop late in the first half. Has he done anything productive since he's gotten here? Leonard has come on a good bit, at least catching the ball.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I just got around to watching the replay of the game and saw Benson's drop late in the first half. Has he done anything productive since he's gotten here? Leonard has come on a good bit, at least catching the ball.
It seems like Benson is either a major liability or non factor when on the field. I don't recall seeing a good block or catch from him this season. I am unsure how he still ends up playing in games.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It seems like Benson is either a major liability or non factor when on the field. I don't recall seeing a good block or catch from him this season. I am unsure how he still ends up playing in games.
I saw him catch a 1st down pass on 3rd and long in one of the games, but I've seen him whiff on a bunch of blocks and drops some hand candy. I was expecting more than we're getting so far.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I saw him catch a 1st down pass on 3rd and long in one of the games, but I've seen him whiff on a bunch of blocks and drops some hand candy. I was expecting more than we're getting so far.
Benson came with a lot of hype. So far pretty pedestrian. Some good , some bad. Long was supposed to use his TE a lot. So far not that much. May be he isn't comfortable with what he has.