Bryan Cook

THWG

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 3168

Wrong grip for passing, ball not tucked tight for running.
I can't remember the QBs name, but he played for Ball State a while back. This guy was one of the most accurate QBs that I remember seeing and he didn't put any fingers on the laces. He just held the end of the football. I really don't think it matters how you hold the football as long as you're accurate (which TQM isn't).

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
And, another pic...
photos.medleyphoto.9333686.jpg

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I can't remember the QBs name, but he played for Ball State a while back. This guy was one of the most accurate QBs that I remember seeing and he didn't put any fingers on the laces. He just held the end of the football. I really don't think it matters how you hold the football as long as you're accurate (which TQM isn't).
Troy Aikman would throw the ball with the laces in the palm of his hand. Dang, he might’ve been a good quarterback if somebody had just showed him the one and only way a quarterback should grip the ball.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Troy Aikman would throw the ball with the laces in the palm of his hand. Dang, he might’ve been a good quarterback if somebody had just showed him the one and only way a quarterback should grip the ball.
Exactly, I really don't believe that the way you hold ball makes a difference. It's your other mechanics that matter and just whether or not you have an accurate arm.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
TM knows how to carry and throw the ball, He just isn't consistent in his form/mechanics.

A google check of TM images shows several of him running and dropping back. The film on him would show that he steps wrong with his front foot and side arms the ball at times-- mostly on his deep passes. If the QB coach or any other coach hasn't seen this in film, much less a game they should be replaced. I do understand that a player can be coached and yet revert to habit under pressure but this may be a flaw of option offense --- not enough time to practice everything (however that would cause me to question a players dedication). I have made it known that in my opinion the defense is the problem however TM missed several big passes that would have sealed games, even if it was 50 to 43

Last edited: