Bryan Cook

Techster

Helluva Engineer
...let go by GA Southern today. Brutal profession.

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...ssed-georgia-southern/kulgZEpgfJhnRmZrT14TZP/

Was considered an up and coming coach at GT, took a chance to run his own offense at GSU for Tyson Summers, but word is Summers didn't want to fully commit to Cook's vision of the offense. Summers was fired go over a month ago. The offense improved towards the end of the season and GSU upset their last two opponents. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to help Cook retain his job.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Kleinlein is in full cover his own *** mode down there. He's scapegoating cook because kleinlein is also a hater of the the flexbone that's why he constantly tries to move away from it. The guy things that southern should run an uptempo auburn style spread. Don't be surprised if we see yet another year of "gun option not really option" out of them before their finally fire their AD.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...ssed-georgia-southern/kulgZEpgfJhnRmZrT14TZP/

Was considered an up and coming coach at GT, took a chance to run his own offense at GSU for Tyson Summers, but word is Summers didn't want to fully commit to Cook's vision of the offense. Summers was fired go over a month ago. The offense improved towards the end of the season and GSU upset their last two opponents. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to help Cook retain his job.

“Up and coming” according to anyone other than people on our boards?

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
It took Cook three seasons to correct one of JT's bad habits i.e. carrying ball tucked under inside rather than outside arm while running near the sideline, the cause of many of JT's turnovers. I will take a pass on Cook.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I love Coach Cook, Great Guy, Solid recruiter, Hopefully we can get him back on the Flats!!
I think we know why C'Bo flipped from GSU, I am sure folks "in the know" knew this was coming!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Brutal profession.
Yeah, glad I don’t have to make 250k a year to coach football and get paid even after I get fired :whistle:

Kidding aside, it’s sucks that they get tossed around as often as they do, but these guys make a bunch of money and it just comes with the territory.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer

They beat two of their last three. Southern got trucked in its last game against Coastal Carolina in a battle of 2-9 teams.
Word I get also is that it wasn't Cook calling the plays in those two wins but another offensive assistant.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
It took Cook three seasons to correct one of JT's bad habits i.e. carrying ball tucked under inside rather than outside arm while running near the sideline, the cause of many of JT's turnovers. I will take a pass on Cook.

I am wary of Candeto because I see the same type of flaws in TqM that JT had. As an illustration of poor fundamentals, there were full length color photos of Marshall and Fromm on opposite pages in the AJC during COFH week. Fromm has a proper grip on the ball with his fingers across the laces, proper placement of the hand for throwing a spiral. OTOH, Marshall has his thumb across the laces. Improper hand placement for passing. And even if they captured the photo when he was running, he had the ball away from his body, not tucked under his arm.

Georgia has well coached QBs. We OTOH have.....well you get the picture.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
There might be some "accepted" norms that are wrong. Or now just different. I noted in Hunter Renfrow's absolutely dazzling 62-yard TD catch and run against Miami -- if you haven't seen the video, try to find it; he made seven tacklers miss and three of them tripped over each other and fell -- he went all the way with the ball mostly in the "wrong" hand. What I hear now is the unceasing mantra of "high and tight". That seems to never change.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
090517 tech photos CC30.jpg

Wrong grip for passing, ball not tucked tight for running.