Brent Key tweet and apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I really wish the mods would close this thread and any like it. It's gone beyond ridiculous now. LET IT LIE !!!!

Threads with debates about the previous coach get locked.

Threads that trash the new coaches stay open.

:eek:

not sure how reposting the tweet, as someone above me did, helps us move forward in any way, shape or form.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Threads with debates about the previous coach get locked.

Threads that trash the new coaches stay open.

:eek:

not sure how reposting the tweet, as someone above me did, helps us move forward in any way, shape or form.
That thread was shut down because people were personally attacking each other. I doubt everyone is on this board 24/7, so they might want to put their two cents in one way or the other. If the thread isn't something you want to see anymore, use the "Mark as read" function and ignore it. I get on here to see GT news not political arguments, so I marked the Swarm Lounge forum as read everyday without viewing anything. People should be able to talk about whatever they want as long as they aren't personally attacking people (coach, player, or swarm member).

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
That thread was shut down because people were personally attacking each other. I doubt everyone is on this board 24/7, so they might want to put their two cents in one way or the other. If the thread isn't something you want to see anymore, use the "Mark as read" function and ignore it. I get on here to see GT news not political arguments, so I marked the Swarm Lounge forum as read everyday without viewing anything. People should be able to talk about whatever they want as long as they aren't personally attacking people (coach, player, or swarm member).

It's not really about me reading it as much as it is potential recruits. And no one has to attack the previous coach for those threads to get shut down.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
jqyrj.jpg
internet-aravments-won-more-or-less-people-i-see-arguing-8035682.png
imter5.jpg
84796713.jpg
964.jpg
57eeab6b8eef5.image.jpg

///snipped image///

Attachments

• 3c9.jpg
    3c9.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I'm doing all I can to end this thread. Nothing good has, can or will come out it. If anyone has played a sport, then you heard "Next man up!" when a player is injured or quits or whatever. That is the message CBK was trying to convey. Was is out of hate that he did it? No. Was it stupid? Yes. Does it matter? No. The GT family was rocked by terrible news early Sunday morning. No coach is prepared for anything like the loss of a player in tragic circumstances. The thing about a tragic situation is that the sun comes up the next day and the world keeps spinning. We need to circle the wagons now more than ever. We are GT and we will rise above this. Any person from another fan base reading this thread is laughing their butts off because we are eating our own.

I posted the SO image (it is distasteful 100%) because I felt extreme measures had to be taken to bring attention that this thread needs to be shut down.
MODS, please shut this down.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm doing all I can to end this thread. Nothing good has, can or will come out it. If anyone has played a sport, then you heard "Next man up!" when a player is injured or quits or whatever. That is the message CBK was trying to convey. Was is out of hate that he did it? No. Was it stupid? Yes. Does it matter? No. The GT family was rocked by terrible news early Sunday morning. No coach is prepared for anything like the loss of a player in tragic circumstances. The thing about a tragic situation is that the sun comes up the next day and the world keeps spinning. We need to circle the wagons now more than ever. We are GT and we will rise above this. Any person from another fan base reading this thread is laughing their butts off because we are eating our own.

I posted the SO image (it is distasteful 100%) because I felt extreme measures had to be taken to bring attention that this thread needs to be shut down.

Maybe just a dumb mistake. Maybe your prior post was as well. Maybe it sheds light on character flaws of both of you. We all have them. Some are worse than others. It mattered though obviously.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Maybe just a dumb mistake. Maybe your prior post was as well. Maybe it sheds light on character flaws of both of you. We all have them. Some are worse than others. It mattered though obviously.

My friend, look up above you...there goes the point.

slugboy

Staff member

I'll try locking this thread and editing out the SO image. Let's see if it takes.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Good to see miles defending coach key.
It’s embarrassing that commits, let alone recruits, have defended him more than our own fans / alumni on this site. Brent Key means well. His message should’ve been made in separate tweets.

But my goodness, let’s see the forrest from the trees. He is a GT alumni and a helluva football coach / recruiter, and above all else a good guy who means well. I’m sick of this drama...it accomplishes nothing.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
It’s embarrassing that commits, let alone recruits, have defended him more than our own fans / alumni on this site. Brent Key means well. His message should’ve been made in separate tweets.

But my goodness, let’s see the forrest from the trees. He is a GT alumni and a helluva football coach / recruiter, and above all else a good guy who means well. I’m sick of this drama...it accomplishes nothing.

I got block from BSO for defending Key. Punk could even handle remotely being challenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.